My Gear Time Capsule No changes to this list for the rest of the year...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Alright.

This is my current list of major gear... none of these can go away for the rest of the year... this is my promise to my wife... so now apart from unconditional love, support, fidelity, and friendship... I have to not trade guitars around.

Anyways, to help in my sucess I need support from time to time.

The list which will remain the same for the rest of the year. Any projects related to the gear are in ().

Electrics
- Gibson R4 Les Paul (mods possible,I might do the vintage bridge setup)
- Fender Tele Jr. (mods in process, new pups TV Jones P-trons)
- Homemade House-caster (new brige with brass saddles)

Acoustics
- Gibson J-200
- Martin D-18VE

Amps
- Savage Macht 12 (might get a 112 extension cab to run a second speaker)

Now, pedals are fair game for the year... I only have two right now. Maxon OD-820 and a Peterson StroboStomp.

So, remind me to calm the _____ down when I get worked up about new gear for the next 338 days. (Not that I'm counting)
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    no problem, will do.

as for parts for the housecaster, http://www.callahamguitars.com

maybe a uber clean clean booster?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • since pedals are fair game, maybe fuck around a lot with those this year. it might keep you busy and you might find something you really like.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    since pedals are fair game, maybe fuck around a lot with those this year. it might keep you busy and you might find something you really like.

That's all I've been doing lately. I've added like 4 in the past three weeks.
  • oh man

how do you like that maxon 820?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    I vote the first thing you do is trade the Maxon, for either a BJF HB OR BBOD.

or if you wanna get crazy, Lovepedal ETERNITY or a hodgepodge of Cot50 and the little brown 60 clean boost.

really, If you're gonna go minimalist, you need more amplike than tubescreamer.

If you want a fat boost, poblano picoso from catlinbread, no BS 30+db wide range booster.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I vote the first thing you do is trade the Maxon, for either a BJF HB OR BBOD.

or if you wanna get crazy, Lovepedal ETERNITY or a hodgepodge of Cot50 and the little brown 60 clean boost.

really, If you're gonna go minimalist, you need more amplike than tubescreamer.

If you want a fat boost, poblano picoso from catlinbread, no BS 30+db wide range booster.

I dig the Maxon... very cool od tones and works well as a clean boost. The 820 is very un-tubescreamer. It doesn't have the mid hump and really is quite a bit like a Klon.

I was thinking about getting a PPF and a HB from BJF.
    There's No Code.
    If I end up getting either I'll let you know.

I might trade the EGDM for a PPF or DynaRed. Just for a flavor difference.

I really liked the abrasive 70's Marshall tone of my keeley Rat. I bet the Dyna Red delivers in that range too. I want to own them all but I just can't quite swing that without trading. I'm considering a GE-7 sniper too. I think it can help get the unhappy brighness out of pickups but the Poblano Picoso can do that too I think. I didn't know the 820 didn't have the mid hump.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    If I end up getting either I'll let you know.

I might trade the EGDM for a PPF or DynaRed. Just for a flavor difference.

I really liked the abrasive 70's Marshall tone of my keeley Rat. I bet the Dyna Red delivers in that range too. I want to own them all but I just can't quite swing that without trading. I'm considering a GE-7 sniper too. I think it can help get the unhappy brighness out of pickups but the Poblano Picoso can do that too I think. I didn't know the 820 didn't have the mid hump.

I think the PPF will go well with the Savage. get some raunchy Black Keys style tones... the HB sounds like my kind of pedal too for my mild od style playing.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I think the PPF will go well with the Savage. get some raunchy Black Keys style tones... the HB sounds like my kind of pedal too for my mild od style playing.

you and I have very similar tone preferences I would wager the same. I think I've heard Jimi thought of purple as jealousy, My guess is that pedal makes people jealous. :D I still like the idea of oooozy dripy overdrive.