P-90s, Semi Hollow, Big neck... why not this?

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool Ideas.

the 135 is very George Thorogood.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    cool Ideas.

the 135 is very George Thorogood.

I also really dig the split diamond inlays on the 137. I just like way too many guitars. I need a band to settle my guitar swapping down.

Then I can actually play the things and make some music.

New list
    R6, R4 oxblood, 135, 137C, whatever I see next... (I wish I was kidding)
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    I also really dig the split diamond inlays on the 137. I just like way too many guitars. I need a band to settle my guitar swapping down.

Then I can actually play the things and make some music.

New list
    R6, R4 oxblood, 135, 137C, whatever I see next... (I wish I was kidding)

because of the bigger bodies you may have feedback issues. I've always thought of the 137 as more of a jazz box, then again, you see the stones kicking around stuff like that too even some older L-6's so nothing, is wrong really, and Gretsch's are pretty big too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    because of the bigger bodies you may have feedback issues. I've always thought of the 137 as more of a jazz box, then again, you see the stones kicking around stuff like that too even some older L-6's so nothing, is wrong really, and Gretsch's are pretty big too.

Gretsch's are big. I agree. I figure a Gretsch sounds pretty good with a bassman, so these likely would as well.

Just ideas right now.
    There's No Code.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    because of the bigger bodies you may have feedback issues. I've always thought of the 137 as more of a jazz box

"Gibson modernized the single-cutaway thinbody guitar in the 1990s with the addition of a solid centerblock"

That would reduce at least a fair amount of feedback right there. It means it's a semi-hollow, not a true hollow, but still...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.