need a laugh... rules for rock bands and fans. :D

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    18) Playing your guitar up by your neck makes you look like a geek. Period. If you need an example, take a cue from a few of the greats… look at Slash's guitar height, or maybe take a peek at where Duff let the bass rest, or possibly look at just how low Krist Noviselic rode his rock axe.

20) Gold hardware and/or wood stained anything is a no-no. Ditto for neon anything.

http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/images/custom_blackbeauty.JPG

16) Preaching is for church, shut up and rock.

I agree
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I don't think it means to play your guitar vertically like Slash is fodn of doing. I think it means playing with way too short of a strap. It took me a couple of reads on that one to get it. Great lists though.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    18) Playing your guitar up by your neck makes you look like a geek. Period. If you need an example, take a cue from a few of the greats… look at Slash's guitar height, or maybe take a peek at where Duff let the bass rest, or possibly look at just how low Krist Noviselic rode his rock axe.

I disagree.

I should have prefaced this with:

This is all a joke, meant to entertain and not to be taken with complete seriousness.

I also wear my guitar quite a bit higher than Slash.
    There's No Code.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    House53 wrote:
    I should have prefaced this with:

This is all a joke, meant to entertain and not to be taken with complete seriousness.

I also wear my guitar quite a bit higher than Slash.

Oh I know. Slash rocks, he just has to put a foot on a monitor and rest his guitar on his knee vertically to even attempt to play a solo. I used to play with my guitar really low and I couldn't play solos worth a shit, raised the strap a little, and shebang, there I went.
  • "Shave. Beards = blowing it."

u oh... this was basically my entire plan for making it as a musician
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day