BJFe Details

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Alright,

I have the HB, PPF, and EGDM all setup... I am enjoying the ppf/hb with my tele... and the EGDM/HB with my gretsch... the PPF/EGDM sounds pretty good with the gretsch too.

HB is #160
PPF is #123 (for Michael Jordan, one can only assume)
EGDM is #088

They have me thinking about the LGW... does it do a nice tube screamer style compression? I like my Maxon, but it just sounds weak next to the BJF pedals... if the LGW can take that compressed tone to the next level.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Alright,

I have the HB, PPF, and EGDM all setup... I am enjoying the ppf/hb with my tele... and the EGDM/HB with my gretsch... the PPF/EGDM sounds pretty good with the gretsch too.

HB is #160
    PPF is #123 (for Michael Jordan, one can only assume)
    EGDM is #088

They have me thinking about the LGW... does it do a nice tube screamer style compression? I like my Maxon, but it just sounds weak next to the BJF pedals... if the LGW can take that compressed tone to the next level.

the monster has been created.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    The LGW is a tube screamer for those who "hate" tube screamers.
    It is a handy pedal and it like all other BJ boxes benefit from stacking with others.
    You are now addicted and welcome to the club!
    FWIW, you should focus on the BJ boxes that you wont be able to get in a couple weeks. Toyz has a SYT and LRT and then that is it!
    The last BBOD was shipped, so if you see a used one GRAB it.

So back to the LGW, with your rig and based on the fact you like the green sound you might really dig it! You might also want to check out the DRD, as I think it would be a great fit to your rig as well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    and do shop the eternity from LP as well.

how do you use the TS house?

you might like the RRB if you use it the TS in CB mode.

also that awesome scotty boost. depends on how much fatness and dirt you want I guess.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:

also that awesome scotty boost. depends on how much fatness you want I guess. The EGDM is reasonably fat.

Scotty has a new one he gave me on Saturday. It is the Boost Royale and it is just unreal.
    We played for a long time and the entire store was crowded into a listening room. Turned a Bogner Esctacy into a Plexi (droooool) and any POS into a usable and worthy amp.
    I would run, not walk and pick one up cause they are going to go fast!!!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    JofZ wrote:
    Scotty has a new one he gave me on Saturday. It is the Boost Royale and it is just unreal.
    We played for a long time and the entire store was crowded into a listening room. Turned a Bogner Esctacy into a Plexi (droooool) and any POS into a usable and worthy amp.
    I would run, not walk and pick one up cause they are going to go fast!!!

does the Boost Royale also come with cheese?

I do still have scotty's number, but I did promise I would sell all the stuff I didn't need first.
  • This post doesn't really contribute to the question but since you are talking about BJF pedals......I ordered a PPF last week and I am just dying in anticipation! I don't expect it for another two weeks but damn it's just killing me waiting and all I hear is nothing but good things about these pedals and it's making it that much worse!

Sorry, I had to chime in!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

also that awesome scotty boost. depends on how much fatness and dirt you want I guess.

that's exactly what I use a TS pedal for... fatness... thick and fat with compression going on... The Maxon does a very good job of that.

It maybe better to keep that as the go to for that style... my telecaster loves that pedal.

right now with a fuzz, distortion, honey bee, and maxon... I have plenty of flavors of dirt to choose from... a vibe, delay, wah, phaser (Red Witch?)... these are the effects that may be usefull additives.
    There's No Code.
    This post doesn't really contribute to the question but since you are talking about JBF pedals......I ordered a PPF last week and I am just dying in anticipation! I don't expect it for another two weeks but damn it's just killing me waiting and all I hear is nothing but good things about these pedals and it's making it that much worse!

Sorry, I had to chime in!

I really like my PPF... it goes from mild overdrive to a nice thick fuzz tone... still very musical though. It was worth the wait.
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    I really like my PPF... it goes from mild overdrive to a nice thick fuzz tone... still very musical though. It was worth the wait.

I figured as much. I only fear that this has started my addiction.....I am sure after about a week of having the PPF, I will be looking at which one to get next!!! :)
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
    House53 wrote:
    that's exactly what I use a TS pedal for... fatness... thick and fat with compression going on... The Maxon does a very good job of that.

It maybe better to keep that as the go to for that style... my telecaster loves that pedal.

right now with a fuzz, distortion, honey bee, and maxon... I have plenty of flavors of dirt to choose from... a vibe, delay, wah, phaser (Red Witch?)... these are the effects that may be usefull additives.

Jason has a red witch moon phaser for sale on Ebay I think.

SIB re released the tube Echodrive I believe. $350

Wah, well you know how we all feel about RMC but there is the matter of the case shortage issue. Fulltone might have clydes more available right now.

oh and for the vibe, it hasn't been that well publicised but I think retromans might be awesome and J again has the sweet mojo for sale on ebay it's one of the best around too, the uber vibe http://www.retroman-music.com mojo http://www.sweetsound.com other BJF goodies like the RRB http://www.custom-sounds.com

http://www.custom-sounds.com/epages/customsounds.filereader?4404986805820ec02742d94dcd010641+EN/products/12007 THe RRB
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    does the Boost Royale also come with cheese?

I do still have scotty's number, but I did promise I would sell all the stuff I didn't need first.

Yes it comes with and without the cheeze!
    I would call him and have him start, it takes him a couple weeks.

House, check my Ebay stuff as I have a Mojo and Red Witch for sale.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    Yes it comes with and without the cheeze!
    I would call him and have him start, it takes him a couple weeks.

House, check my Ebay stuff as I have a Mojo and Red Witch for sale.

I am going to check my gain/loss after our upcoming Vegas weekend... then I will explore other options.

The band is not happy with me for wanting a two gig per month limit... they have bigger ambitions... but beyond two per month it stops being fun for me... So, it might turn into woodshed time again. Who knows?

If they want a bigger scene that that, they will have to find a new singer.

Then I can start a dirty blues and rock n roll trio...
    There's No Code.
  • JofZ wrote:
    The last BBOD was shipped...

what !?!

that was my next purchase ! ! !

:(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    what !?!

that was my next purchase ! ! !

Yep, it is no longer in production. BJ just finished the last one S/N 500.
    It is a fantastic pedal and unlike anything else in his line, amp like, fender OD.
    I can get you one, but you'll have to jump when it comes up.

Bjorn has stopped production on the phaser, trem, little red trebler and BBOD.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• JofZ wrote:
    Yep, it is no longer in production. BJ just finished the last one S/N 500.
    It is a fantastic pedal and unlike anything else in his line, amp like, fender OD.
    I can get you one, but you'll have to jump when it comes up.

Bjorn has stopped production on the phaser, trem, little red trebler and BBOD.
    so if i order one off of MusicToyz.com ... doest hta mean they don't really any in stock?

either way, either i buy from them, or you keep one in the wings for me ... just say the word ...

i'm still waiting on this daggum Shannon Phaser to come in ... bought it off ebay, and i'm feeling half scammed right now ... though i KNOW he sent it out ... but he didn't insure it, which i paid him to do ... and he is realy pissed off with me for being anxious about all this ...

anyhow ... say the word, i'll drop the greens.

:D

phaser, you are refering to the MintGreenVibe? caues the only other one was the PPP (the big 3 of them, right? so you said) ...

MORE PHASE MORE PHASE!

If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    so if i order one off of MusicToyz.com ... doest hta mean they don't really any in stock?

either way, either i buy from them, or you keep one in the wings for me ... just say the word ...

i'm still waiting on this daggum Shannon Phaser to come in ... bought it off ebay, and i'm feeling half scammed right now ... though i KNOW he sent it out ... but he didn't insure it, which i paid him to do ... and he is realy pissed off with me for being anxious about all this ...

anyhow ... say the word, i'll drop the greens.

phaser, you are refering to the MintGreenVibe? caues the only other one was the PPP (the big 3 of them, right? so you said) ...

MORE PHASE MORE PHASE!

Musictoyz has a LRT, an SYT and BBOD (blue berry overdrive for bass) in stock. If I were you I would jump on the SYT it is an instant collectable and the best trem I have ever owned. It is a brown face fender trem, think Stones, Radiohead, etc!

The MGMV is available, but you should PM me for any pedals you want and I will put you in touch with Bjorns distributer. I have done this for others and they all seem to be very happy :)
    Bjorn wont make anymore Baby Blues or PPP's, but if you want a phaser, you have some other BJ modulation options.

Best thing to do with Toyz is call Teddy first to verify he has the pedal before you order.

If you really want a BBOD just say the word and I will make a call, but PM me.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

• This whole thread is in code! :eek:

TGP, SYT, BBOD, BFS, RRB, TS, CRB
    Man I'm getting old! :o

I have a solo gig tomorrow night in a place with great acoustics.
    I'll be using my AGWNM.
    "Acoustic Guitar With No Mike". :D

Anybody familiar with these??:
    A,A#,B,C
    C#,D, Eb,E,
    F, F#, G, G#
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

TGP, SYT, BBOD, BFS, RRB, TS, CRB
    Man I'm getting old! :o

I have a solo gig tomorrow night in a place with great acoustics.
    I'll be using my AGWNM.
    "Acoustic Guitar With No Mike". :D

Anybody familiar with these??:
    A,A#,B,C
    C#,D, Eb,E,
    F, F#, G, G#

yeah im familiar with all of those haha

all those code words are for pedals made by BJF...god if only i could afford one

hope the gig goes well tomorrow

i gotta get myself into gigging pretty soon, its driving me crazy...havent had a gig in about 3-4 months...besides the Last Kiss performance
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • yeah im familiar with all of those haha

all those code words are for pedals made by BJF...god if only i could afford one

hope the gig goes well tomorrow

i gotta get myself into gigging pretty soon, its driving me crazy...havent had a gig in about 3-4 months...besides the Last Kiss performance

A ha!!!! The ultimate pedals! The final and insurmountable sound. The last pedals that anyone will ever need! ;)

He does make nice stuff. I don't have any of it.
    I have a couple of trunks of effects that are/were the only ones I'll ever need! :D
    Soon to be a major sale! The Who's_pearljam? guitar/amp effect blowout sometime this spring!

Thanks about the gig. I'm playing solo with an acoustic at a cool little venue that's like an art gallery, performance venue.
    The owners don't know what they want, and I don't know what I'm going to play!

Perfect Match!!! :D

You should get out an gig a bit, man. It makes you better way fast! That was great that you did that last one. Congrats again!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    A ha!!!! The ultimate pedals! The final and insurmountable sound. The last pedals that anyone will ever need! ;)

He does make nice stuff. I don't have any of it.
    I have a couple of trunks of effects that are/were the only ones I'll ever need! :D
    Soon to be a major sale! The Who's_pearljam? guitar/amp effect blowout sometime this spring!

Thanks about the gig. I'm playing solo with an acoustic at a cool little venue that's like an art gallery, performance venue.
    The owners don't know what they want, and I don't know what I'm going to play!

Perfect Match!!! :D

You should get out an gig a bit, man. It makes you better way fast! That was great that you did that last one. Congrats again!

yeah, every time I get up to sing with the parent's with thier choir the key's always in sharps.......I'm going hello? Can we just do this in flats please? Geetar guy here.