new keyboard/bass amp rig...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well I am getting myself a keyboard amp setup... I decided I should just as well get something that can be used for bass guitar as well. Most dedicated keyboard amps fall short live.

So, I am buying a used Ampeg B2R head from my bassist... with flight case... $150... that is a great deal on a pretty nice head.

for the enclosure I am getting an Ampeg SVT 410 HLF. That is the ported 410 with horn... I have used the head with a similarly designed Behringer cab and it worked really well. Very good tones with the keyboard.

Now I need a bass guitar so I can learn to half ass another instrument. lol
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53 wrote:
    Well I am getting myself a keyboard amp setup... I decided I should just as well get something that can be used for bass guitar as well. Most dedicated keyboard amps fall short live.

So, I am buying a used Ampeg B2R head from my bassist... with flight case... $150... that is a great deal on a pretty nice head.

for the enclosure I am getting an Ampeg SVT 410 HLF. That is the ported 410 with horn... I have used the head with a similarly designed Behringer cab and it worked really well. Very good tones with the keyboard.

Now I need a bass guitar so I can learn to half ass another instrument. lol

Great cabinet for sure.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    That's a dekronkulous cabinet. My fav.

Nice Amp too, that should work out nice.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    That's a dekronkulous cabinet. My fav.

Nice Amp too, that should work out nice.

I had that amp a few years back. Then tubeitis got in my way on the bass side of things. Thats life...
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I had that amp a few years back. Then tubeitis got in my way on the bass side of things. Thats life...

I am guessing tubeitis will hit me within the next three - six months... I am sure most of you would give me less time than that. :D

I get to try it all out at practice on Sunday. I am going to try out the Savage too... I cranked it up for about 5 minutes last night... really cool stuff. Should work well for my gig.
    There's No Code.