USA Fender Telesonic... trades?

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a USA made Fender Telesonic. It is cherry red, chambered mahogany body, with dearmond 2k single coil pups with a wrap around tailpiece. rosewood board with medium jumbo frets, sealed fender tuners. It has a les paul setup with vol and tone for each pickup and an lp style selector switch.

Very nice, but I have three teles and I love to trade around gear... so I think I could trade the telesonic.

It has been played and has two small chips in the finish on the back (to the wood). I dropped it in a parking lot. I have had the guitar inspected and resetup since then and there are no problems. The guitar is rock solid.

anyways they sell for $700-$800 used in good condition... I figure $600-$700 is a fair trade value... let me know if people are interested or have any offers.

Thanks.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    lol.

sorry. i'm as bad with pedals as you are with the guitars.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    lol.

sorry. i'm as bad with pedals as you are with the guitars.

I know... it's an addiction. I just think something with humbuckers would really make the Savage come alive.
    There's No Code.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'm saving for one of these, which might require me to sell off some other guitars, otherwise I would consider it

http://www.jgguitars.com/frame.html

Those Telesonic's were like 1500 bucks new.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Gustavson(SP) NICE!! NICE!! slightly more than 6 or 700 bucks :D

House I still have that wine red 87 LP Studio. Alnico 490 in the Neck 498 in the bridge.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Gustavson(SP) NICE!! NICE!! slightly more than 6 or 700 bucks :D

House I still have that wine red 87 LP Studio. Alnico 490 in the Neck 498 in the bridge.

Now did the Studios from that era have Mahogany bodies or Alder? Gold or nickel hardware? block or dot inlays? I know it has an ebony board and a 59 neck profile.

Let's keep this conversation going.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Now did the Studios from that era have Mahogany bodies or Alder? Gold or nickel hardware? block or dot inlays? I know it has an ebony board and a 59 neck profile.

Let's keep this conversation going.

It's a mahogany body with a maple top just like the standards. nickle hardware and dot inlay. The tuning machines are nickle schallers. It's a comfortable neck not having the binding but it's not really all that big, I think it actually might be a 60 profile it feels like the average gibson neck, but not overly beefy like a fat 50's neck. I'd need to compare it to see if it is a 59 profile because it's been a while for me.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    It's a mahogany body with a maple top just like the standards. nickle hardware and dot inlay. The tuning machines are nickle schallers. It's a comfortable neck not having the binding but it's not really all that big, I think it actually might be a 60 profile it feels like the average gibson neck, but not overly beefy like a fat 50's neck. I'd need to compare it to see if it is a 59 profile because it's been a while for me.

sounds good to me... you had the "right" answer to almost all of the questions... lol

if you are interested in talking about a trade, send me a pm.
    There's No Code.
    ok, it's not pristine just so you know, Tom Murphy would be proud.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    ok, it's not pristine just so you know, Tom Murphy would be proud.

well my telesonic looks nice from the front, but the back has those dings as mentioned... so we aren't having a beauty contest here. :D
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    well my telesonic looks nice from the front, but the back has those dings as mentioned... so we aren't having a beauty contest here. :D

meh, if she's got a few tattoos it just means she's been around the block and earned some experience, that's not really a bad thing.

how big are the holes for the 2K's. would it hold a P-90 you think? I was actually looking at chambered warmoth teles anyway.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    meh, if she's got a few tattoos it just means she's been around the block and earned some experience, that's not really a bad thing.

how big are the holes for the 2K's. would it hold a P-90 you think? I was actually looking at chambered warmoth teles anyway.

I think it would hold a mini hb... I don't know for sure on a P-90, I think they are a bit wider than the 2ks. The 2ks are nice pickups though. I don't know if you would want to change them out anyways.

I agree with you on the marks... they don't affect the way the guitar plays, so they are almost a bonus.

I think this would be a good trade. I am already thinking about playing an LP through my King Royale. I am smiling too. :D
    There's No Code.
    I think I'm down, no tummy cut right? Is the neck set or bolt?

Either way it should be right at a square trade.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I think I'm down, no tummy cut right? Is the neck set or bolt?

Either way it should be right at a square trade.

No tummy cut... bolt on neck... medium C...

I agree it is pretty much even. Do you have a HSC? I only have a gig bag... it made it to me safely packaged this way though... no trouble at all.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    No tummy cut... bolt on neck... medium C...

I agree it is pretty much even. Do you have a HSC? I only have a gig bag... it made it to me safely packaged this way though... no trouble at all.

yeah it's in an old 70's Gibson Deluxe HS case.

Do you know the scale length on the Telesonic?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah it's in an old 70's Gibson Deluxe HS case.

Do you know the scale length on the Telesonic?

24 3/4" scale.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    24 3/4" scale.

Is that gibson or the conversion size?
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Is that gibson or the conversion size?

it is a Gibson scale...
    There's No Code.
    does the guitar have binding like the studio standards from the 80s? or is it a straight studio?

Either way, I am game... just curious.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    does the guitar have binding like the studio standards from the 80s? or is it a straight studio?

Either way, I am game... just curious.

no binding. Strait studio. She's plain jane.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    no binding. Strait studio. She's plain jane.

sounds good. let me know if you want to trade. We can arrange the details.
    There's No Code.
  • Lemme know if Paco passes... I have an offer to make.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Lemme know if Paco passes... I have an offer to make.

go ahead and make your offer, I need to decide, because it's tough to part with the gibby. I was going to just change pups.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    go ahead and make your offer, I need to decide, because it's tough to part with the gibby. I was going to just change pups.

Yeah I think we are both still mulling it over. No done deals or anything.
    There's No Code.
  • Alright... I'd consider putting my goldtop Tele up against the TeleSonic. I used to have one, and I miss it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/GT1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/mccreadyisgod/GT2.jpg

Specs:
    2004 Korean-made Telecaster Custom
    Arched mahogany body with set mahogany neck
    Rosewood fretboard
    Standard hardware (sealed tuners, 6-saddle bridge)
    Abilone inlays
    Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker in the bridge
    Gibson Classic '57 humbucker in the neck
    Schaller straplocks

It plays like a hybrid Tele/Paul... tone is all classic LP. Bridge HB has TONS of bite and grit, great for overdrive, while the neck is phat and warm, very smooth and jazzy. The hot spot, though, is both HB's together... balanced, full, and smooth... good clean or overdriven tone all around. The pickup swap was done professionally by a Fender gold-level tech, an extremely clean job.

I have more photos available, too. Do you have any pix of yours?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    that is a lot like my tele jr... very cool.

I restrung the telesonic with 11s last night (replaced the 12s)... much more playable and still useable for slide. Big improvement.
    There's No Code.