Clips from my bands first gig

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=461791

here are four songs from my bands first gig a couple of weeks ago... rough recording, no post eq or anything like that... lol

anyways, that is me on vocals, harp, keyboards... enjoy. (warning... this sounds a lot better after 2-5 beers, :D)
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I really enjoyed those. You're a pretty good vocalist and your guitar player is pretty good as well. I love hearing those strat blues licks...

Definately cool.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    I really enjoyed those. You're a pretty good vocalist and your guitar player is pretty good as well. I love hearing those strat blues licks...

Definately cool.

Thanks for the kind words. We are starting to shape up well as a group. Getting more comfortable with our set and all. We have two more gigs this month as well... I've been enjoying it for sure.
    There's No Code.
  • Ya man!!

Little Wing sounds awesome!!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • sorry...
    but that's not a gig... a gig it's with a crowd,....a bar....
    but it's good...not great...but good...
    peace

If you ever want to hear a good singer...
    simplebeats@gmail.com
    send me a message..and I'll send you a real singer..
    peace!!!
    keep up the jamming...and call us when you'll gig for real...studio guy..lol
    Pierre

I live in Laval, I'm looking for some musicians to make a band. Drum, bass and guitar are needed. More songs with voices can be sent on demand.
    www.myspace.com/fridayzodds
    www.myspace.com/vignesartichots
    Excuse me? I'll give the benefit of the doubt for sarcasm here...

I am sorry we aren't selling out MSG just yet. There were probably 100 people at the club when we recorded these. I guess that doesn't qualify? The recording is from the FOH sound and we didn't have a mic on the crowd. I was sharing a rough sample from my new band.

I would like to hear a good singer too. Go ahead and post some of your work then.
    sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!
    There's No Code.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Wow that guy was pretty vicious. My band has some rough recordings posted on our myspace, and its pretty crappy quality. They are actually taken from a dvcam's audio track. But, it's something that people can go listen to, to get a sampling of a band. No need to tear people down. Maybe there is a language barrier though.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Wow that guy was pretty vicious. My band has some rough recordings posted on our myspace, and its pretty crappy quality. They are actually taken from a dvcam's audio track. But, it's something that people can go listen to, to get a sampling of a band. No need to tear people down. Maybe there is a language barrier though.

That's why I said I'd give him the benefit of the doubt... but who knows. I accept both criticisms and compliments... but I am not sure what to make of his comments.

I agree with you though... it's just a sample of some of the music we play.
    There's No Code.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Have you guys attempted any originals? By your post, I assume you guys are a pretty new band. I know it took my band awhile to get the motivation to do originals. But, we have had 3 evening practices written 2 songs. Both of which seem to go over pretty well amongst our crowd.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Have you guys attempted any originals? By your post, I assume you guys are a pretty new band. I know it took my band awhile to get the motivation to do originals. But, we have had 3 evening practices written 2 songs. Both of which seem to go over pretty well amongst our crowd.

No originals at this point... we are very new. We have practiced for a little over two months and have played two gigs so far. We have two more gigs this month.

I don't know if most in the band have an interest in doing that. I am enjoying playing live again. I had about a year layoff after moving to Houston. I might try to find a side project once we are full speed with the band and gigging regularly. I would like to make a blues three piece(maybe four). I think that would be cool.
    There's No Code.
  • sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!

How would you know Ego Balls?, hes just sharing the music man not trying to say hes the best singer or anything. crawl back under yer rock, french frie.

by the way House - its Cool man, you've got a good voice.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
    Spook Fish wrote:

thank you. I don't mind my voice. No matter how often I listen it is still weird to here my voice recorded.
    There's No Code.
  • sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!

This is the most assinine thing i have read all day.......please confir with mr god of rock over here before recording ever again.....
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'll check it out at the casa, is this at that little hole in the wall you were talking about in Houston? What was the place called House?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I'll check it out at the casa, is this at that little hole in the wall you were talking about in Houston? What was the place called House?

No this was recorded at a bigger club... Cardie's

Last weekend was at the little hole in the wall Rock Starz Patio.

This weekend we are playing in a rough part of town.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    No this was recorded at a bigger club... Cardie's

Last weekend was at the little hole in the wall Rock Starz Patio.

This weekend we are playing in a rough part of town.

Channelview? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    not that far east... but that side of town.
    There's No Code.
  • Spook Fish wrote:

Yeah, that's what I thought.

It bothers me when people come on to shoot the shit and don't have anything of their own to contribute.

JSA, where's your clips?!?
  • sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!

That's not cool,

I didn't know Bono was in the pit.....welcome.

Rock on House!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • This dudes got more front than Pamela Anderson

sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    House53 wrote:
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=461791

here are four songs from my bands first gig a couple of weeks ago... rough recording, no post eq or anything like that... lol

anyways, that is me on vocals, harp, keyboards... enjoy. (warning... this sounds a lot better after 2-5 beers, :D)

Between the move and marriage I was wondering if you'd get back behind the mic again. Glad to see and hear that it is happening. By the way, not bad, not bad at all. As to the following quote
    sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!

Take this as a compliment because if this person thinks you sound like your recording in a studio, it simply means that you have a naturally strong voice. Frankly a studio recording would have sounded fuller, cleaner and tighter because you would have in a professional setting. So just know that you all are on the right track.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    sorry...
    peace

simplebeats@gmail.com
    peace!!!

Aww, don't feel bad. A compliment for us is a compliment for you :D
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Aww, don't feel bad. A compliment for us is a compliment for you :D

Nice use of a great quote :)
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix