hello? Alright, I have another new amp coming...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was away for a good time with work. But, I managed to get a new amp setup off of ebay and it should be here in the near future.

I will allow guesses at this time. The winner (one guess per person now) gets an authentic gig used pick (by me) and the right to make fun of me for being a gear whore. :D

Each person can ask one question before making their guess as well.

ie: Is it Blue? (No.) Marshall Mode Four Halfstack? (No.)

Good luck.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hiwatt custom 50 with matching cab.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Is it made by a guy named Zaite? If so it is named after a certain gas guzzling Italian sporting car make?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    hiwatt custom 50 with matching cab.

No, but the full answer does include the phrase "with matching cab." ;)
    There's No Code.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Is it made by a guy named Zaite? If so it is named after a certain gas guzzling Italian sporting car make?

No, not from the good doctor. And that's two questions!! You can still make a guess though.
    There's No Code.
    Reeves head + 2x12.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Reeves head + 2x12.

No... It is not a head/cab situation... but there is a matching cab...
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    No... It is not a head/cab situation... but there is a matching cab...

I'll give a couple of hints...

There are four power tubes, four inputs and four speakers total.
    There's No Code.
    Marshall Blues Breaker? no wait that's 2 power tubes.

I've got it. Vox AC30.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Marshall Blues Breaker? no wait that's 2 power tubes.

I've got it. Vox AC30.

Very close here... I think this is close enough...

Tophat King Royale 212 Combo (V30 and G12H30) speakers and a matching Tophat 212 (closed back)... all for the price of a new Club Royale 212.

it should arrive sometime in the next week or so once payment clears.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Very close here... I think this is close enough...

Tophat King Royale 212 Combo (V30 and G12H30) speakers and a matching Tophat 212 (closed back)... all for the price of a new Club Royale 212.

it should arrive sometime in the next week or so once payment clears.

Awesome, I'll start the betting pool at oh this is a really nice set up.....2 weeks. :D
    15 days, 12 hours.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Awesome, I'll start the betting pool at oh this is a really nice set up.....2 weeks. :D

I have actually thought about flipping the KR combo for a head version and making some of my money back...

However, I think it will be cool to have a big setup... at least in theory.

The rumor is that tophat is coming out with a new head that is basically an improved club royale that would have both of the KR channels. The straight AC-30 with volume, tone, and cut... and the topboost circuit as well.
    There's No Code.
    exhausted wrote:
    15 days, 12 hours.

curses, the betting pool equivalent to the 1 dollar more "Price is Right" bid.

I tend to wonder if there's a Fuchs, Trainwreck, Matchless or Divided By 13 in the near future, going in to that cab. The combo is toast.
    i need to ditch my POD and get something in the 1-2 watt range that can drive my deluxe's speaker.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    curses, the betting pool equivalent to the 1 dollar more "Price is Right" bid.

I tend to wonder if there's a Fuchs, Trainwreck, Matchless or Divided By 13 in the near future, going in to that cab. The combo is toast.

A Matchless is not bad idea... and that could be accomplished with a KR to trade...

If I do it in a week you both lose... it's the closest without going over remember. :D
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    A Matchless is not bad idea... and that could be accomplished with a KR to trade...

If I do it in a week you both lose... it's the closest without going over remember. :D

Pre 1995 Matchless Chieftan, HC 30, Clubman, all good choices
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Pre 1995 Matchless Chieftan, HC 30, Clubman, all good choices

I'm going to give the King Royale a go for a while... I think a wall of tophat will be a good thing... my neighbors may not, but I do.

Did you still have interest in working with the gulf coast relief effort? My company is bringing in people for a large two year type project. Let me know if you want more information.
    There's No Code.