Gretsch Silver Falcon

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well, Should I?

A White Falcon is black with silver sparkle trim and nickel hardware... I would get it with a bigsby of course.

Any thoughts? Experiences? Others who want a Falcon?
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    no. you shouldn't.

not that any of us are better for being gear whores but this is getting a little extreme. :) you already had a gretsch.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    exhausted wrote:
    no. you shouldn't.

not that any of us are better for being gear whores but this is getting a little extreme. :) you already had a gretsch.

That's no fun... Not the enablement I was seeking... :D

The real price is much less than the advertised price... $2500... work bonus might be right on those lines.

PLEEEEEZ!!! :D I promise, I'll take care of it forever!!!
    There's No Code.
    i believe you about as far as i can throw you.

rebayed the tophat yet? ;)
    exhausted wrote:
    i believe you about as far as i can throw you.

rebayed the tophat yet? ;)

6'5 185lbs... I don't think you could throw me very far... HEY, WAIT A MINUTE!!

You don't trust me... on gear issues... :D

I have not and do not intend to... it was like coming home playing through a tophat again.

I think the Falcon would be a good match with the KR
    There's No Code.
    well, just don't dump the 62 custom until you're sure.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    A white falcon is on my very, very short list. In fact, I have made some moves this past week and found a nice vintage axe for a good price. I love the tone, love the guitar and for me it is exactly what I want. One thing about gretsch is that the quality is amazing now. I have yet to see a new one that was sub par or had any tonal issues. I would stay away from some of the early 2000's as they were pretty shitty ;)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    exhausted wrote:
    well, just don't dump the 62 custom until you're sure.

no one is dumping anything... we are ADDING...
    There's No Code.
    JofZ wrote:
    A white falcon is on my very, very short list. In fact, I have made some moves this past week and found a nice vintage axe for a good price. I love the tone, love the guitar and for me it is exactly what I want. One thing about gretsch is that the quality is amazing now. I have yet to see a new one that was sub par or had any tonal issues. I would stay away from some of the early 2000's as they were pretty shitty ;)

new white falcons can be had for that smae $2500 as the Silver Falcons... fyi... aren't they amzing guitars.

I haven't been able to play the Silver model... but all the Falcons I have played (newer Fedner reissues) are really great. They sound massive too.

Three weeks until the marathon.
    There's No Code.
    ah, well that's different. :D
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If you have the opportunity to own at one point in your life a Gretsch Silver Falcon of course you should do it. This will be one well worth lamenting years after you trade it in two weeks after you buy it. I'm shocked the KR is still en Casa. :D

so you're TV Jones shopping as well then?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    so you're TV Jones shopping as well then?

no, not really... I haven't really heard a big difference between the stock pups and the TVs... everyone talks about them, but the stock pups actually have a bit more edge to them.
    There's No Code.
    silver.......
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    silver.......

I concur, if you aren't Neil Young, or Lil John you can't pull off gold. The silver looks classy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    You can't go wrong with any of them.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    Very true... all of them are great.

The guys at M123 have a really nice SG reissue in stock too... natural finish with vibrato... good price.

or I could track down a Townshend SG and call a mistake a mistake.

SG (tried and true) vs. Falcon (the coolest guitar in the world, and possibly a really good fit for me... same scale and body size as my acoustic...)
    There's No Code.