BJF arrives and I did a "bad" thing...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
The Honey Bee and PPF arrived. I really enjoyed them at practice with my tele and the savage... really cool stuff (amplike is the right word). I am thinking a EGDM and the CAF may soon follow.

I also may have broken my rule already... I didn't spend any money (I actually got money back, but that is a technicality)... I had too many guitars at home... so I decided to consolidate and get some $$ for my upcoming travels.

Let's play guess the gear...

All I will say for a clue... I don't have the R4 or the D-18VE anymore. I do have THIS piece of gear and some $$... what gear am I talking about?

Those of you who know my history should be able to guess pretty easily. ;)
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    House53 wrote:
    The Honey Bee and PPF arrived. I really enjoyed them at practice with my tele and the savage... really cool stuff (amplike is the right word). I am thinking a EGDM and the CAF may soon follow.

I also may have broken my rule already... I didn't spend any money (I actually got money back, but that is a technicality)... I had too many guitars at home... so I decided to consolidate and get some $$ for my upcoming travels.

Let's play guess the gear...

All I will say for a clue... I don't have the R4 or the D-18VE anymore. I do have THIS piece of gear and some $$... what gear am I talking about?

Those of you who know my history should be able to guess pretty easily. ;)

You bought your Falcon back LOL
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    You bought your Falcon back LOL

no, wrong answer lol :D
    There's No Code.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Well, I'm guessing you sold a guitar...but I didn;t know what you had to guess which one.
    yes, I definitely sold a guitar... The R4 and the D-18VE... but I bought a guitar too... that is the guessing game.

I have looked for "the one" of this particular guitar for some time. I previously owned a similar model.

(That narrows it down to ~5.66 E 26 potential guitars)

:D LOL
    There's No Code.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Gimme a pic of your rig! :)

before shots...
    cjb5790 wrote:
    Gimme a pic of your rig! :)

before shots...

That's a personal resquest... :D

Before

Savage Macht 12
    Gibson 1954 historic goldtop
    Fender Tele Jr.
    Homemade Tele

Maxon od820

Gibson J-200
    Martin D-18VE

Now it is

Savage Macht 12
    Fender Tele Jr.
    Homemade Tele

Maxon od820
    BJF PPF
    BJF Honey Bee

Gibson J-200

and

?????
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the townshend SG.

i'm literally rolling my eyes. :)
    exhausted wrote:
    the townshend SG.

no... good guess though (maybe I should buy one of those... :)) (No really... :D)
    There's No Code.
  • exhausted wrote:
    the townshend SG.

that would have been my guess!

didn't you have a telesonic at one time?
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
    that would have been my guess!

didn't you have a telesonic at one time?

yes I did... but you are all headed in a slightly wrong direction...
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    House53 wrote:
    yes I did... but you are all headed in a slightly wrong direction...

You bought some gibby acoustic didn't you?
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    JofZ wrote:
    You bought some gibby acoustic didn't you?
    getting warmer... I already had a gibby acoustic.
    There's No Code.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    House53 wrote:
    getting warmer... I already had a gibby acoustic.

Wild guess then... something Taylor?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
    no Taylor for me...
    There's No Code.
  • an LP? 335?

or if acoustic Martin?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    an LP? 335?

or if acoustic Martin?

Correct...

Martin D-28 Marquis... beautiful guitar... it is the D-28 I have looked for in every shop for the past two years... sure I went through other gear, but I have consistently tested D-28s... this one is a winner.

I didn't get the idea to sell off the other items until I played this guitar.
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    Correct...

Martin D-28 Marquis... beautiful guitar... it is the D-28 I have looked for in every shop for the past two years... sure I went through other gear, but I have consistently tested D-28s... this one is a winner.

I didn't get the idea to sell off the other items until I played this guitar.

do i get a prize?

its great to get new gear...i got an OCD and ibanez artcore semi-hollow

the ocd is amazing
    the ibanez is alrite, not what i was expecting
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    IT's a 335 heritage with a 59 Profile neck?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    IT's a 335 heritage with a 59 Profile neck?

No, although had you been here yesterday I suspect you would have guessed it too... :D

Martin D-28 Marquis, beautiful... you remember the search for THE D-28... well, this is it here. Awesome guitar.

BTW, you should get a honey bee and ppf... they are very cool I am looking for funding for a CAF and a EGDM now.
    There's No Code.