I still have the Falcon...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Played for a good while last night... just unplugged... really good stuff.

I think between that and my telecasters I can cover most any ground very well and have a diverse setup.

However, there are some vintage SG juniors and a NOS Townshend SG that have caught my eye... I could actually save some money buy getting one of those.

Can you mod an SG Junior into a Special (ie add the neck pup)?
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Dude......step away from the music store.

can you mod a jr into a special. Sure, you...can....why on Gods green earth would you? Yo no se.

The silver falcon......I put the do not trade Ky Bosh on this one not yet anyhow. I told you not to trade the PT and you went and did it anyway.

DO NOT SEEK the treasure.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Dude......step away from the music store.

can you mod a jr into a special. Sure, you...can....why on Gods green earth would you? Yo no se.

The silver falcon......I put the do not trade Ky Bosh on this one not yet anyhow. I told you not to trade the PT and you went and did it anyway.

DO NOT SEEK the treasure.

A Ky Bosh? Wow. That's serious stuff... :D

Yeah... I did trade the townshend, I am no worse off for it... I just think if I am wanting to start a rock cover band again that guitar would be a good tool to have.

If I want to start an original rock band, the Falcon is a good tool to have.

The Junior would be the perfect tool for playing some dirty dirty slide guitar.
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if you buy a townshend. i will point and laugh.

if you mod a jr, i will cry and punch you.
    exhausted wrote:
    if you buy a townshend. i will point and laugh.

if you mod a jr, i will cry and punch you.

Please no punching... "I am warning you... I will be forced to thrash you..." (coming to america reference)

I am just sharing ideas here, no one is modding anything here. :D
    There's No Code.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i think a jr. would be great for slide and wouldn't need a neck pup anyway.
    Why not get a cheap Jr and replace the pickup with a lollar chigago steel?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    The falcon and other guitars are mutually exclusive for the time being... it was a mucho expensive guitar... even with a discount.

Just the state of things.

I just have to decide if I want to keep it... thats all.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    The falcon and other guitars are mutually exclusive for the time being... it was a mucho expensive guitar... even with a discount.

Just the state of things.

I just have to decide if I want to keep it... thats all.

ah. yeah. I understand. I think you might be able to do some slide work on the old Falcon.
    alright...

here are my options:

Keep the Falcon OR

Get a Telesonic and a Vintage SG Junior for the same price...

That is a tempting alternative.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    alright...

here are my options:

Keep the Falcon OR

Get a Telesonic and a Vintage SG Junior for the same price...

That is a tempting alternative.

would be cool, but does either have the mojo of the SF?
    this is true.

and tempting...
    There's No Code.
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Do your self a favor and get a real Jr and use it for slide. You'll have the best slide guitar and you can sell it in a year for 35% more then you paid for it. If you mod it we are all going to kick your arse :)

If you have to choose, I would keep the falcon and let some of the teles go for the Jr.
    Or get an LP mod the wiring so you cover the tele tone and let the falcon and teles go to pay for a nice LP :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
    There are no wrong answers here. That's the best part.

As of right now I am leaning to keep to Falcon...

I will play tonight again for a while... that should help me calm down a bit.

Tapering for the marathon I have too much extra energy.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    There are no wrong answers here. That's the best part.

As of right now I am leaning to keep to Falcon...

I will play tonight again for a while... that should help me calm down a bit.

Tapering for the marathon I have too much extra energy.

You up for a quick ride down to South Bend while your in town? :)

You are in for a treat the weather is perfect, mid 60's, clear sky and it will be warming to the low 80's by next week with no rain in sight.

I would keep the Falcon :) and put cash away and get a Jr :D
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    I won't have time for side trips...

I arrive late Friday... Saturday spent at the Marathon Expo, Dinner, and sleeping. Sunday running, resting, visiting family, and then partying... Monday recovering and travelling home that night.

I hope it is cooler on race morning. I would love a temp in to 50s to start the race... we will see.

So, do you have the stereo strapped on your back yet? Have you trained to keep up with me so I have music?
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I won't have time for side trips...

I arrive late Friday... Saturday spent at the Marathon Expo, Dinner, and sleeping. Sunday running, resting, visiting family, and then partying... Monday recovering and travelling home that night.

I hope it is cooler on race morning. I would love a temp in to 50s to start the race... we will see.

So, do you have the stereo strapped on your back yet? Have you trained to keep up with me so I have music?

It is going to be a cool weekend with the marathon and HOB on Wed, so I think there will be many people making their way into town. Can I ride my bike? I play basketball everyday so I can sprint, but marathon days are behind me I had ortho knee surgery last June.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

JofZ wrote:
    It is going to be a cool weekend with the marathon and HOB on Wed, so I think there will be many people making their way into town. Can I ride my bike? I play basketball everyday so I can sprint, but marathon days are behind me I had ortho knee surgery last June.

Chicago is always a good time for me... I am really looking forward to it. No bikes, I guess I will just jave to hum to myself... :)

I really wish I could make the HOB show... maybe the band will stick around and play out on the course... for me of course. I could see them set up at the 20 mile mark...

"I know you're getting tired, but the end is SOON! You've Got Six More Miles, To GOOOOO!" :D
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Chicago is always a good time for me... I am really looking forward to it. No bikes, I guess I will just jave to hum to myself... :)

I really wish I could make the HOB show... maybe the band will stick around and play out on the course... for me of course. I could see them set up at the 20 mile mark...

"I know you're getting tired, but the end is SOON! You've Got Six More Miles, To GOOOOO!" :D

Will you still be in town on Wed or Thurs?
    A birdy told me to check out the Sleater show as the boys will still be in town. I know of another spot that Ed hangs out at while here as well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

No, I am headed out on Monday. I am missing all the fun.

Sunday night my friends and I are planning to go out. I know my best friend (and fellow PJ fanatic) would love to go anywhere with a chance to "bump in" to Ed. I assume the place is downtown?

Maybe we can plan to meet up Sunday night? I will call Ed and tell him our plans... ;)
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    No, I am headed out on Monday. I am missing all the fun.

Sunday night my friends and I are planning to go out. I know my best friend (and fellow PJ fanatic) would love to go anywhere with a chance to "bump in" to Ed. I assume the place is downtown?

Maybe we can plan to meet up Sunday night? I will call Ed and tell him our plans... ;)

I have no idea when they are supposed to get in, but as soon as they do I will get a call. I play ball with Ed when he is in town. I got lucky on the yeild tour with backstage passes, and I am hoping to just get one more game of horse out of him.
    I would love to hook up, if you have the time let me know.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

ed wouldn't like playing ball against me... I am 6'5.

Let's try to figure something out for Sunday. I will PM my contact information.
    There's No Code.