found a band classifieds webpage

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Alright.

I found a Houston band classifieds webpage... about five ads worth replying to. I am sure I can find a band out of this group.

Hopefully I here back from most of them and have several try outs.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    best of luck with it. it's always fun to crank it up.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    if I could find a band where I can sing/play some guitar... that would be great.

Then I could really use the Tophat and my guitars (whatever they might be)
    There's No Code.
    just once i'd like to hear my rig at full volume, unattenuated. just once. :)
    exhausted wrote:
    just once i'd like to hear my rig at full volume, unattenuated. just once. :)

I remember the day I got to crank my hiwatt halfstack with my 335. I played the SSB at our big track invitational in college (about 2,000 people). I had never played guitar in front of people before...

Once I hit that first chord, I was hooked and they were fooled.

I looked and sounded legit... they didn't know any better.

Anyways, it is awesome to play at full volume.
    There's No Code.
  • THe first time I got to really crank it up was in my 2nd band. I was the only guitar player, and I had just dropped the whole high-gain buzzy sound that almost every beginner player uses. We had a battle of the bands show and I had won it the previous year with my other band, so expectations from my friends and people at the school were high. This was the first time playing out with my new band and I was kinda nervous because I didn't know how we'd respond in a live setting. I cranked up my traynor YCV80 and had it running through a 1960A cab and I just fucking wailed. I think that was the best playing I've ever done. I even made the front page of the local newspaper lol. We won the show and got a certificate for a free pizza! :p

If I could find the video, i'd post it somewhere. I think I loaned the DVD out.

Needless to say, that show earned me a local reputation (which was irrelevant once I left the town) and got my band a number of shows in the area.

This band ended just over a year ago and I'm still looking for people to play with. I need a band. I think it's a Zappa quote "The worst thing for a guitar player to ever do, is play in the bedroom."

If anyone can hook me up in London, ON, give me a shout.
    yeah, playing in a vacuum is not fun. it's easy to write songs but it's a lot harder to become a better player.

This band ended just over a year ago and I'm still looking for people to play with. I need a band. I think it's a Zappa quote "The worst thing for a guitar player to ever do, is play in the bedroom."

I am in the same situation man... one year ago at the end of next month was my last gig... it has been too long.

Hopefully things will turn up for both of us.
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    I am in the same situation man... one year ago at the end of next month was my last gig... it has been too long.

Hopefully things will turn up for both of us.

My last gig was Sept 2/04.

The only live playing I've done since was a one set guest spot for a London bluegrass band. Let me tell you, that was one hell of an experience. I had to turn it up a notch to keep up with those guys!

:)
    My last gig was Sept 2/04.

The only live playing I've done since was a one set guest spot for a London bluegrass band. Let me tell you, that was one hell of an experience. I had to turn it up a notch to keep up with those guys!

:)

I played with my great uncle and his bluegrass band... that was an experience... totally different song structure. There was a banjo, fiddle, bass, and two acoustics (well 1.5, I couldn't count as a whole guitar the way I played)

I learned a lot that day.
    There's No Code.