new band is shaping up

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
The new band I have been singing with is really shaping up. All the members really know their stuff well and are getting into a nice groove.

I am singing, playing harmonica, and doing some keys/organ stuff.

I am sure I will get to play some guitar as well, but the band has two better guitar players already (sound familiar?).

Anyways, I have been given the charge to come up with some additional songs...

we are playing a bunch of hendrix, zepplin, the stones, and blues... what else would be a good addition.

I definitely will suggest a PJ song or two: I made that clear. That and no Eagles.

Leading candidates are Alive, Ledbetter, Betterman, and other "hits." we are a bar band... but I am open to suggestions.

Any other ideas... I could go the stealth PJ route with songs like, RITFW, Fortunate Son, Baba, etc.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RITFW is great, but betterman is an amazing bar band song.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    Used to play Baba in one of my old bands and people went fucking nuts.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    My all-time favorite PJ song: Rearviewmirror.

And its a three guitar part song, so you can play!
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'd feel so naked not being able to play. but i'm glad you're having a good time.
  • Baba O'Riley always gets people going apeshit. My band used to play Sad, but sadly, no one in the audience ever knew what it was.

My new band won't play Pearl Jam, but it's only a twice off gig band. I'm there for a show in Jan and one in Feb, and that's it.

We play classic stuff, like Free and Alice Cooper. I'm just happy to be playing with people again. It's been over a year.

After that's done, I'm throwing a band together that will play lots o' Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Pumpkins, AIC.

I want to be out gigging regularly by the summer.

:)
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Betterman with a Why Can't I Touch it tag would be pretty great... that or Save it for Later... give the people a real live PJ style performance.

Plus, I could play guitar.
    There's No Code.