Christmas comes early to House53's house... new gear extravaganza

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well I took the plunge on some things:

1) Nord Electro 2 61 key keyboard. This thing is really cool. I can't wait for rehersal next week to crank up the leslie effect in stereo. I picked up a gig bag, expression pedal, and free stand with the purchase

2) Audix OM5 vocal mic. I have really liked the OM2 for the past two + years, so I decided to step up a bit. should be a good addition

3) Can't forget the guitar side of my life... new speakers. Vox Blue and a G12H Heritage for the King Royale.

I decided to wait on the harp front for now. I am pretty happy with the sm57 straight in to be honest... no need to mess with it just yet.

The best part... we have three gigs for next month. The 3rd, 10th, and 16th. Should be fun.

Now that I am done bragging I am ready to play... the stuff should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Well I took the plunge on some things:

1) Nord Electro 2 61 key keyboard. This thing is really cool. I can't wait for rehersal next week to crank up the leslie effect in stereo. I picked up a gig bag, expression pedal, and free stand with the purchase

2) Audix OM5 vocal mic. I have really liked the OM2 for the past two + years, so I decided to step up a bit. should be a good addition

3) Can't forget the guitar side of my life... new speakers. Vox Blue and a G12H Heritage for the King Royale.

I decided to wait on the harp front for now. I am pretty happy with the sm57 straight in to be honest... no need to mess with it just yet.

The best part... we have three gigs for next month. The 3rd, 10th, and 16th. Should be fun.

Now that I am done bragging I am ready to play... the stuff should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

RECRONULOUS REDONKULOUS :D

WOW. AWESOME. I'm happy for you, and a little envious
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    RECRONULOUS REDONKULOUS :D

WOW. AWESOME. I'm happy for you, and a little envious

I remember reviewing my order thinking... good lord!! lol...

but with gigs coming up I can't help but get excited. I am really looking forward to playing that organ and letting the leslie sim do its thing. I was really impressed with the one I played.

The new speakers should be fun too. The head guy at TH is raving about that combination. He was excited to hear I was using the KR for rock n roll with a gretsch instead of a country application. He warned me... with those speakers you aren't going to get a brian setzer clean spanky tone... you will get a nastier tone. I mentioned PT and NY he mentioned snarling tone... we were in agreement.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I remember reviewing my order thinking... good lord!! lol...

but with gigs coming up I can't help but get excited. I am really looking forward to playing that organ and letting the leslie sim do its thing. I was really impressed with the one I played.

The new speakers should be fun too. The head guy at TH is raving about that combination. He was excited to hear I was using the KR for rock n roll with a gretsch instead of a country application. He warned me... with those speakers you aren't going to get a brian setzer clean spanky tone... you will get a nastier tone. I mentioned PT and NY he mentioned snarling tone... we were in agreement.

Isn't that cool. It's like a kinsmanship an unspoken, wow, now theres an educated sum of a bitch instead of the usual customers. A yeah, man I know exactly what I am buying. That's a great combo, you get chime from the blue, and warm od from the H.

The nord I played sounded really damn good, I know yours does too. It's way better than the far too bright keyboard piano tone, lots of smaller bands use, well worth the dinero, since none of us will be slapping down 12K for a real B3 and another 7 or 800 for leslies.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Isn't that cool. It's like a kinsmanship an unspoken, wow, now theres an educated sum of a bitch instead of the usual customers. A yeah, man I know exactly what I am buying. That's a great combo, you get chime from the blue, and warm od from the H.

The nord I played sounded really damn good, I know yours does too. It's way better than the far too bright keyboard piano tone, lots of smaller bands use, well worth the dinero, since none of us will be slapping down 12K for a real B3 and another 7 or 800 for leslies.

The board is very light too (under 20 lbs I would guess) and that makes it good for gigs.
    There's No Code.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Nord's rock. I use an OM6...OM5's are great mic's. I like all of the Audix mic's actually. If you get a chance, try an i5 on guitars or snare top.
    We had a great rehearsal last night... I guess I am getting better at keys too (getting my chops back) as my band mates are having me add in piano and keys to more songs.

We really have a good groove going on a lot of our songs. It's a good time for sure.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    We had a great rehearsal last night... I guess I am getting better at keys too (getting my chops back) as my band mates are having me add in piano and keys to more songs.

We really have a good groove going on a lot of our songs. It's a good time for sure.

uh oh, time to include some doors, and "Green Onions" to the set. :D
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    uh oh, time to include some doors, and "Green Onions" to the set. :D

We are doing Roadhouse Blues... that song is pretty fun to play. We have a really good feel as a group and a very full sound.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    We are doing Roadhouse Blues... that song is pretty fun to play. We have a really good feel as a group and a very full sound.

very cool. You should record a rough mix from the PA at practice and let us hear it.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    very cool. You should record a rough mix from the PA at practice and let us hear it.

We have a gig coming up next month where we plan to record audio and possibly video... I will be sure to share some tracks from that.
    There's No Code.