First gig with new band on Friday...

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My new band: Monoceros will be having our first gig this Friday. We are playing for two hours + at a Houston rock club. They have a big stage with a nice sound system, lighting, etc. They are recording the show for us (it will be a good demo hopefully). Setlist as follows:

Hey Joe – Jimi Hendrix
Tuesday’s Gone - Lynard Skynard
Hoochie Coochie Man – Muddy Waters
Like a Rolling Stone – Bob Dylan
Honky Tonk Women – The Rolling Stones
Crossroads – Cream
Foxy Lady – Jimi Hendrix
Have you ever loved a woman? – Freddy King
Wind Cries Mary – Jimi Hendrix
Knockin on Heavens Door – Bob Dylan
All Along the Watchtower – Bob Dylan
Little Wing – Jimi Hendrix
Roadhouse Blues – The Doors
Brown Sugar – The Stones
The Girl I Love – Led Zepplin
Thank You – Led Zepplin

No guitar playing for me... I sing lead vocals, play organ/keys/, and harmonica.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• where are you guys playing? might have to come out to support a fellow board member
    What ain't a country I ever heard of. Do they speak English in what?
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Cardis 2000. I hear it is a big dump... but they have a big stage and decent setup.

It is on Bissonett just off of 59.

I didn't know there were any houston people on the board. Are you in a band? If not we should start a PJ band down here, that would be great.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Cardis 2000. I hear it is a big dump... but they have a big stage and decent setup.

I didn't know there were any houston people on the board. Are you in a band? If not we should start a PJ band down here, that would be great.

Those are the best places to play, they have chicken wire right?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Those are the best places to play, they have chicken wire right?
    no chicken wire, but they do have a full lighting setup and a smoke machine...

it will be like in spinal tap... Stone Henge...

A long time ago there was an ancient race of people called the Druids... we don't know who they were, or what they were about... but their legacy lives on...

:D (sorry if I messed up the quote)
    There's No Code.
  • as long as your amp goes to 11 you should be fine.....
    as long as your amp goes to 11 you should be fine.....
    well, it's one louder then isn't it?

Have you ever been to Cardi's? I haven't, but I am looking forward to the gig... hope you can make it.
    There's No Code.
  • never heard of it. that's kind of where Backstage used to be isn't it? I'll see what the schedule looks like for ths weekend. Good luck!
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    no originals?
    Pat H wrote:
    no originals?
    No we aren't that kind of band... we all have other pursuits, play on the weekends. Just playing songs we all enjoy, hopefully well, with a bit of our own flavor to them.
    There's No Code.
  • House53 wrote:
    No we aren't that kind of band... we all have other pursuits, play on the weekends. Just playing songs we all enjoy, hopefully well, with a bit of our own flavor to them.

Hope you rock there fuckin socks off!
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • I have a gig next friday and I am really lookin forward to it. Itsa pre christmas show. I just got my new amp, a Traynor YCV50 Blue, for those that didnt know, and the other guitar player purchased a new amp as well. He got a Marshall AVT50. Anyway, we are debuting a few new songs. The Distance by Cake, FUCK by the Bloodhound Gang, and Lateralus by Tool. We have only practiced it so far with guitar and drums, but the one time that we played it perfectly was so intense, I thought my skull was gonna cave in. Also, my band and I have a saying before a show. Our goal is to, always, rock people faces off. Looks like you play alot fewer songs than my band. We usually get through 40-45 songs in a night. Anyway, good luck at the gig and it looks like you guys have a kickass setlist.
  • Fender Blues Deluxe goes to 12!! that's one more than 11. the stratosphere.

Dance and Sing along with Shed Devils at http://www.sheddevils.com/
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    House53 wrote:

They had a big metal fest there last year. The sound system was decent and really loud.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    The sound system was decent and really loud.

I like to be really loud... :D
    There's No Code.
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Looks like you play alot fewer songs than my band. We usually get through 40-45 songs in a night. Anyway, good luck at the gig and it looks like you guys have a kickass setlist.

We are playing for two hours... eventually I imagine we will get to be playing four hour gigs. We tend to play extra long versions of most songs.

Stretch things out more.
    There's No Code.