last trade of the year... lol

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Well,

I am trading the Falcon...

I am getting a CS Tele Jr. and a Savage Macht 12. Both are on TGP right now. I think the Tele Jr. will suit me perfectly... its like a tele and a PT SG had raunchy sex and this is their love child.

The Savage will be great as well. I am thinking I can use it as a harp amp as well as guitar tones.

Did everyone have a good holiday? My dad really enjoyed the tele my mom and I bought him. That made it a good christmas.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    House53 wrote:
    Well,

I am trading the Falcon...

I am getting a CS Tele Jr. and a Savage Macht 12. Both are on TGP right now. I think the Tele Jr. will suit me perfectly... its like a tele and a PT SG had raunchy sex and this is their love child.

The Savage will be great as well. I am thinking I can use it as a harp amp as well as guitar tones.

Did everyone have a good holiday? My dad really enjoyed the tele my mom and I bought him. That made it a good christmas.

I hate that you are trading the falcon, but I say good trade. Both of those are Ill and should suit your tone well.

The betting starts now, which is the first to go the Macht 12 or the Top Hat? :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I hate that you are trading the falcon, but I say good trade. Both of those are Ill and should suit your tone well.

The betting starts now, which is the first to go the Macht 12 or the Top Hat? :D

Well, I am not in the business of making friends... I am trying to make some rock n roll... :D

I am not happy with myself for trading the Falcon either... but, in the context of the band... these two items suit me much better. Plus, I am a tele guy... so now I will have a strong stable of teles and two cool amps. It's like building a baseball team. It might be great to have a big super star... but two all stars might get you to the WS.

Enough rationalization... I am looking forward to the new stuff... obviously.

We have a gig on Saturday too... that will be a good time.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    Well, I am not in the business of making friends... I am trying to make some rock n roll... :D

I am not happy with myself for trading the Falcon either... but, in the context of the band... these two items suit me much better. Plus, I am a tele guy... so now I will have a strong stable of teles and two cool amps. It's like building a baseball team. It might be great to have a big super star... but two all stars might get you to the WS.

Enough rationalization... I am looking forward to the new stuff... obviously.

We have a gig on Saturday too... that will be a good time.

yeah it's a good fit for now, and you can get the townsend stuff you miss out of it too. It ain't like you are trading for chopped liver here. If it ain't right it's got to go. The macht 12 is from your school anyway not a lot of knobs just crank it and crank it. Now you have a small EL84 amp again. Perfect time to let it all hang out.

congrats on the new bad ass stuff, again if you decide to trade the tele Jr. let me know first. :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah it's a good fit for now, and you can get the townsend stuff you miss out of it too. It ain't like you are trading for chopped liver here. If it ain't right it's got to go. The macht 12 is from your school anyway not a lot of knobs just crank it and crank it. Now you have a small EL84 amp again. Perfect time to let it all hang out.

congrats on the new bad ass stuff, again if you decide to trade the tele Jr. let me know first. :D

I used your analysis... none of the girls at this dance are ugly... lol

the macht 12 is two 6v6s in parallel class A... should be pretty cool. I have played a macht 6 (one 6v6) so this should be a bit bigger and louder.

The guitars:

My tele
    Tele Jr.
    Telesonic
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I used your analysis... none of the girls at this dance are ugly... lol

the macht 12 is two 6v6s in parallel class A... should be pretty cool. I have played a macht 6 (one 6v6) so this should be a bit bigger and louder.

The guitars:

My tele
    Tele Jr.
    Telesonic

Oh hey that's right it is isn't it. Hey bringing that to mind, I have an RCA Blackplate 6v6 and a Sylvania 6v6 I pulled from that almost never played 1952 Hammond Model M I dismantled for fun, do you want them? I think they deserve a good home.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oh hey that's right it is isn't it. Hey bringing that to mind, I have an RCA Blackplate 6L6 and a Sylvania 6L6 I pulled from that almost never played 1952 Hammond Model M I dismantled for fun, do you want them? I think they deserve a good home.

6L6? I can't use those... thanks for the offer though.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    6L6? I can't use those... thanks for the offer though.

I meant 6V6. I can't do anything right today. There were 8 or so tubes in the amp, the most geetar friendly were those two 6V6's that are pretty damn nice really and a 5AR4 rectifier also RCA.
    those could be fun... pm me with a price and I can figure out if I can buy them.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    those could be fun... pm me with a price and I can figure out if I can buy them.

Ok, will do soon.
    UPS has an exception... so the package may not arrive today... :(

I will have to continue tracking the package.
    There's No Code.
    well that's crap. I hate waiting for stuff, but getting my BJF stuff in the mail was great. I know that. It should be the same for you. Just like christmas.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    well that's crap. I hate waiting for stuff, but getting my BJF stuff in the mail was great. I know that. It should be the same for you. Just like christmas.

I know it will workout and all, but I just feel like they use this as an excuse to delay the deilvery... like there wasn't really a problem. They were just behind schedule.

Who knows?

How are the new BJF toys? I am considering a Honey Bee... but I need to get a shaker madcat first.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    I know it will workout and all, but I just feel like they use this as an excuse to delay the deilvery... like there wasn't really a problem. They were just behind schedule.

Who knows?

How are the new BJF toys? I am considering a Honey Bee... but I need to get a shaker madcat first.

BJF is addictive. Really dynamic. They are supposed to be colored like they sound. the honey bee is suposed to sound like an old supro. I guess If I had to pick one think that's really common with BJF I would say harmonic complexity. You hear what you think you should hear.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    BJF is addictive. Really dynamic. They are supposed to be colored like they sound. the honey bee is suposed to sound like an old supro. I guess If I had to pick one think that's really common with BJF I would say harmonic complexity. You hear what you think you should hear.

cool... I think they would be right up my alley.

The guitar is "out for delivery" as of 9:00 am :D Hopefully it arrives in our usual afternoon ups run here.

The amp ships today or tomorrow. The gretsch is in Rockford, IL about to be delivered.
    There's No Code.
    awesome. I'd like to get my mitts on a tele jr.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    awesome. I'd like to get my mitts on a tele jr.

It arrived... it is a lot smaller than the Gretsch, lol. Very lightweight and resonant... neck is nice... I need to spend sometime with it at lunch.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    It arrived... it is a lot smaller than the Gretsch, lol. Very lightweight and resonant... neck is nice... I need to spend sometime with it at lunch.

everybodys at work, no ones around. CRANK IT UP and RIP IT!!!!
    that's the problem, I am at work too... :D

I am writing a paper on active groundwater monitoring for petroleum storage and production facilities.

Having a guitar case across the room makes it tough to concentrate. lol
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    that's the problem, I am at work too... :D

I am writing a paper on active groundwater monitoring for petroleum storage and production facilities.

Having a guitar case across the room makes it tough to concentrate. lol

Fantastic, I'm trying to keep that stored petrolium from getting into the groundwater in the first place.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Fantastic, I'm trying to keep that stored petrolium from getting into the groundwater in the first place.

well I do that too... one part of my company's business is to implement solutions for these facilities if they have highly permeable ground or are very near surface waters.

I am writing the paper to be distributed/presented at trade shows, publications, etc. Hopefully get my name out there.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    well I do that too... one part of my company's business is to implement solutions for these facilities if they have highly permeable ground or are very near surface waters.

I am writing the paper to be distributed/presented at trade shows, publications, etc. Hopefully get my name out there.

well, I'm sure you'll be talking to us pretty soon then. We didn't spill a drop in the lines last year but reliable storage is tough for everybody.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    well, I'm sure you'll be talking to us pretty soon then. We didn't spill a drop in the lines last year but reliable storage is tough for everybody.

You work for a pipeline company? Small world.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    You work for a pipeline company? Small world.

indeed, one of the biggest. crazy two guitar players would both be doing the same thing.

That's my #1 job, my second is sports talk radio.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    indeed, one of the biggest. crazy two guitar players would both be doing the same thing.

That's my #1 job, my second is sports talk radio.

that's cool. do you deal with your company's DOT Response Plans? What about the ULSD conversion? Are you in operations or regulatory compliance?

Sorry if I ask too many questions, it is just interesting. I think if there were a message board for these sorts of issues I wouldn't spend as much time with guitar stuff. Although I already spend 8-10 hours/day on the oil industry, maybe that's enough.
    There's No Code.
    House53 wrote:
    that's cool. do you deal with your company's DOT Response Plans? What about the ULSD conversion? Are you in operations or regulatory compliance?

Sorry if I ask too many questions, it is just interesting. I think if there were a message board for these sorts of issues I wouldn't spend as much time with guitar stuff. Although I already spend 8-10 hours/day on the oil industry, maybe that's enough.

Sort of a variety depending on what they want. Mainly Right of Way operations is my field. I'm still kind of a peon here. The USLD conversion is facinating stuff.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Sort of a variety depending on what they want. Mainly Right of Way operations is my field. I'm still kind of a peon here. The USLD conversion is facinating stuff.

That conversion takes up a lot of my time lately... I am supporting companies in designing their procedures and practices for dealing with the conversion and complying with all the new regulations.

Someday, we can start a business with you, me, and JofZ... we can pipeline jet fuel and use the money from that to run a guitar shop so we can play guitar most of the day... we could also be involved in the high level operations of the company.

I will draw up the articles of incorporation... my wife can be our attorney.

Brilliant!
    There's No Code.