Wah wah wah....

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,535
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any suggestions for a good, cheap wah wah pedal? I got the rp 80 for christmas and was psyched about the wah wah and was pretty disappointed. I'm a college kid so I have little money but what are some good pedals that run for cheap?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have a basic Crybaby and it's never failed me.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I have a basic Crybaby and it's never failed me.

How much did you get it for?
  • GCB95: $70
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--DAVGCB95

Check for used ones too...

Check for used ones too...

Thanks man! Have yo ever purchased from the site?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Boss V wah. Fairly cheap, versatile.

or I'll sell you my Morley Bad Horsie super cheap :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

Why you smiling like that? Whats the catch?
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Pacomc79 wrote:

I need to send you a photo, I just got the last of the LE Supr Quack's from Scotty. 60's Vox with his mods, the same wah as Robinson, McCoy and some buddies, the thing is sick. I should send it to Mike as I am far from worthy.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • I really enjoy the vox and it's worth every extra cent you save especially if you ever play a tube amp. Very watery sound and it keep it range and volume better then the cry baby in my opinion!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Why you smiling like that? Whats the catch?

no catch. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, I just need a different style. I've had it 5 years or so. See J of Z's post. I'm just looking for a different Wah tone.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • my 535q is really nice, i really enjoy it

I may sell it though and get a Vox wah
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    ive had a vox v847 wah for a little over a year. my favorite fx pedal i own. great little thing to have.
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • i tried the vox and found the sweep to be to drastic. and the pedal floored is like an ice pick. waaay to harsh. not sure if they are making them adjustable now or what but....

i like the cry baby wahs. the sweep is not as drastic and you can floor the wah without stabbing your ear drum with an ice pick. frank zappa used to use the cry baby as a part of his tone. he would leave the pedal on pushed half way down to get a certain tone. try doing that with a vox. no thanks!!
  • I have MOrley BAd Horsie, I like that it is switchless, just leave it sit there til you need it, then stand on it, no tap dancing required.
    I think Dunlop do some switchless ones as well.
    The bad horsei 2 has more adjustability
    Music is not a competetion.
  • I'm supposed to get an original Crybaby for my b-day in a month or so. I've also been considering the Expression Factory, since for $200 it comes with emulations of the Crybaby and Vox, along with some other goodies like the Whammy. Any thoughts?
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.