Video Tab Lessons

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,535
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone know any good sites that actually have guitarists palying the tabs and slowing the video down, showing you how to play? This is the best way for me to learn...because I see what they're doing and how they're doing it. I learned the first half of the sweet child o mine solo in no time at all...I never would have done that wihtou a video though.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• try http://www.e-chords.com
    I think you have to be a member to view the vids but it's only like $2 a month.
    I "waved to all my friends" at:
    Toronto 22/08/98 - Toronto 05/10/00 - Buffalo 02/05/03 - Toronto 28/06/03 - Montreal 29/06/03 - Kitchener 11/09/05 - London 12/09/05- Hamilton 13/09/05 - Montreal 15/09/05 - Ottawa 16/09/05 - Toronto 19/09/05 - Toronto 09/05/06 - Toronto 10/05/06 - Toronto 21/08/09
  • Hey ,
    I was surfing on the net a couple of weeks ago to see pearl jam clips on video.google.com.
    And i found a video of a man ( David Taub) that shows you how to play Last Kiss by pearl jam.
    And he shows it really good , frst he explains the chords and then the strumming , all very good and relaxed.
    So at the end of the clip , he says , if you want to learn songs , just send the name of the songs to me with an email and i learn it to you for free .
    the only thing you got to do is log in at http://www.thenextlevelguitar.com
    For the moment he is constructing the site .
    But you can see all the movies on the site http://www.video.google.com and http://www.youtube.com
    Untill now there are quite much songs like : ACDC - hell bells
    PJ -Last Kiss
    Beatles - let it be
    Green Day - Good riddance
    The eagles : Hotel califonria &
    Take it easy
    Alice in chains : nutshell
    Also there are riffs , solo's , licks , etc...
    I have send an email a week ago with the request ( yes for free) of he would make a video of Wishlist -Pj , today I go response that the song is caught on video , and in the next days it will be posted.

So for all the guys who play the guitar and like to play very fast an easy songs , check the videos of David Taub out or send requests to him !!!!
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    That's a great find Dimitri, thanks a lot for that!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Thanks guys. I found this one....its in spanish but you can control the speed of the video, he's got four different camera angles, has the tabs at the top of the page, and has a pretty good list of songs.

http://www.farhat.name/
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Yeah I was using Marcos Farhat's video for "Back in Black" yesterday and it was pretty dead on.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Hey ,
    I was surfing on the net a couple of weeks ago to see pearl jam clips on video.google.com.
    And i found a video of a man ( David Taub) that shows you how to play Last Kiss by pearl jam.
    And he shows it really good , frst he explains the chords and then the strumming , all very good and relaxed.
    So at the end of the clip , he says , if you want to learn songs , just send the name of the songs to me with an email and i learn it to you for free .
    the only thing you got to do is log in at http://www.thenextlevelguitar.com
    For the moment he is constructing the site .
    But you can see all the movies on the site http://www.video.google.com and http://www.youtube.com
    Untill now there are quite much songs like : ACDC - hell bells
    PJ -Last Kiss
    Beatles - let it be
    Green Day - Good riddance
    The eagles : Hotel califonria &
    Take it easy
    Alice in chains : nutshell
    Also there are riffs , solo's , licks , etc...
    I have send an email a week ago with the request ( yes for free) of he would make a video of Wishlist -Pj , today I go response that the song is caught on video , and in the next days it will be posted.

So for all the guys who play the guitar and like to play very fast an easy songs , check the videos of David Taub out or send requests to him !!!!

I spotted his Last Kiss video clip a while back but never thought to look at his other stuff :confused:

thanks for the research dude :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • No problem , enjoy the videos , there really good :)
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    No problem , enjoy the videos , there really good :)

i see he has a Wishlist one up now! and he sorta mentions you on his intro part :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Can I help that ?? I just asked him to make a video of it
    ~Dimitri~ wrote:
    Can I help that ?? I just asked him to make a video of it

did i say it was a problem?? did i say you could help that??? fucking spasmatroid... :confused:

i just said that he had done a Wishlist video and mentions you at the start.. i even fucking did the cool sunglasses emoticon as i thought it was cool he mentioned you on his lesson

thats the second or 3rd time i;ve read a post of yours getting angry at people on the Musicians forum.... just be careful what you are saying before you type shit!
  • I'm not angry
    I'm just saying that i can't help that he mentions me , I also can't help that you get wrong conclusions out of my response.
    I don't know where you come from , but try to type dutch in a appropiate way and coming " friendly" over to the people.
    I have to try that to do in English.
    And I am a member for maybe a month. So I'm smart enough that I don't got to be angry or pissed at people.
    It's nice to read the subjects on the forums , nice that people are appreciate with youre help , and there are subjects here that helped me allot , people have helped me to if I have a question , so I appreciate that much , No reasons to get mad :-s

Sorry man

And about the cool blue bubble , didn't now thats the sign for cool. Thats my fault.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I just fully realized how correct Vedderlution_Baby! is when he said it's much easier to learn when you're seeing someone play it than just reading tabs. I'm busting out "Rock and Roll" in no time after seeing the guy on Comcast OnDemand show me how to do it on TV.

I need to start getting lessons for real, I think. It'll cost money, but what better thing to spend money on than learning something you'll keep with you for the rest of your life? (back me up people, I'm notoriously cheap!)
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    I just fully realized how correct Vedderlution_Baby! is when he said it's much easier to learn when you're seeing someone play it than just reading tabs. I'm busting out "Rock and Roll" in no time after seeing the guy on Comcast OnDemand show me how to do it on TV.

I need to start getting lessons for real, I think. It'll cost money, but what better thing to spend money on than learning something you'll keep with you for the rest of your life? (back me up people, I'm notoriously cheap!)

Hell yea dude! I used the Comcast on demand too! Yea man, you'll always play guitar. Plus chicks love it!