I'm the king of cheap guitars

Vedderlution_BabyVedderlution_Baby Posts: 2,535
edited April 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
So my first guitar purchase was for a s101 les paul model electric for 100 bucks.

Last month i picked up a hondo strat copy for fifty bucks.

and about two weeks ago my dad gave me a first act electric that he got with his VW.

and i got a cheap acoustic.

oh yea, I got another hondo sitting in my folks garage that i got for free. The humbuckers need to be replaced though.

right now, i'm happy with em. I'm not good enough to be playing high dollar guitars and i love me s101. I'll move on to better some day but right now, i'm pretty good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    if it makes you happy

it can't be that bad

:D
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Haha, I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. I have a Fender Mexi Strat, which is OK by me, I love the thing. Then I've got my cheap Hohner acoustic which is basically my beater/party guitar. In the future I have planned:

Epi LP
    Taylor Acoustic ($600 range)
    Fender American Deluxe Strat (Sunburst/maple neck)
    Gibson SG 61 RI (after I get a real job)

I'm the same way with my pedals. The only pedals I've received NEW have been a TS9dx and my Boss DS1. All the rest of my pedals (Dynacomp, phase 90, NF-1, Crybaby 95q) are all used from Flea-bay, as will be the case with my incoming DD-6 next week. Wish I could afford newer stuff, but I'm a college student. I'll take what I can get.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    my strat is Japanese.......i went to buy a tele but couldn't put the strat back after i played it.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Yeah, all my stuff is cheap or was given to me second hand. It's not about the name because quite honestly, you can have a Gibson SG and it'll still sound like shit if you can't play it. However in the same breath, we can all prett much agree that Mike McCready could make a First act sound pretty good. It's all about the skill-though good equipment helps you---a little ;)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I love my cheap guitars. My first was a Hohner countryman acoustic. It cost 70 pounds. Then I got my bass, my pride and joy. It's a Stingray Copy by Vintage. Cost 150/160 euro. i have Squier Fat stratocaster which is pretty decent too. Cost about 250 I think. I love 'em all.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me