Ibanez Jet King 2

dontgimmenolipdontgimmenolip Posts: 198
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm gonna be laying down the bucks for one of these when I get the almighty tax check. Has anyone here ever played one? I've not had much of a chance to get to the music stores to try one, but I didn't try my PRS out before I bought it, and it's the only guitar I've been playing for 7 years. Anyone have any input?
- Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No love for Ibanez?
    - Justin

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Why would you want a low end Ibanez if you have a PRS? The Jet King I tried was nothing special. Didn't like the size of the body.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.
  • It's got a cool retro look, garage-band feel...

Like a Jack White-inspired guitar.

I'd be curious what the basswood body sounds like.

I say, if you like it, go for it. Ibanez has some great stuff out there.

And the price is right.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • The reason I'm willing to go with an Ibanez, even though I have a PRS, is due to budget constraints (I'm a father of three, keeping the kids alive is way more important than buying expensive guitars).

I kinda like the garage band look of the plank. It looks like a rounded-out jazzmaster. The specs seem to look like the kind if thing I can play.

My standards for guitar purchasing are 50% playability(includes sound, setup, neck, body, etc) and 50% looks. I'm not a fan of how a B.C. Rich looks, so even if I played one and it played like it was made by Jesus himself, I wouldn't buy it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to hear more.
    - Justin