Options

How to get drum effects

thewaxtadpolethewaxtadpole Posts: 50
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
My band's having a little problem here.

We lost our drummer (and our token male), and we're having a lot of trouble finding a new one - it's a pretty small town, and most of the drummers we've considered are either taken or unavailable for other reasons (don't have a set, etc.).

Unfortunately, we need drums for a few of our best songs.

So, until we find a drummer, we need a way to get drum effects. Our piano player's keyboard has a drum setting, and we've been using that, but you can hardly hear it over everything else. Suggestions anyone?
I've noticed that our senators
have very funny names.
Like Lincoln, Zell, and Saxby.
What's wrong with things like "James"?
I think that this is crazy.
I think that it should stop.
I think this is the reason
They confirmed John Ashcroft.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    look up drum machines at http://www.musiciansfriend.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Where are you located? I play drums...
  • Options
    Nowhere near you, we're in Ft. Thomas, Kentucky :) Sorry, though, wish there were more drummers here.
    I've noticed that our senators
    have very funny names.
    Like Lincoln, Zell, and Saxby.
    What's wrong with things like "James"?
    I think that this is crazy.
    I think that it should stop.
    I think this is the reason
    They confirmed John Ashcroft.
  • Options
    i use a program called hotstepper. i make the tracks and burn them on cd then play them through a stereo. i love it cause they are perfect time and i can be pretty creative with them. if you have a good stereo you should hear them fine. it did take me a while to get the levels right. the cymbals were way to loud so i had to keep adjusting them to get an even mix to play to that sounded natural. i also had to find samples of one shot drums to use cause the default ones are more rap and dance based. i found some acoustic ones that i love. hope this helps.