Guitar looks

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am partial to the the regular looking acoustic guitar, for some reason. I dont know. I dont really like the look of the guitar with sides that are unequal and not symmetrical. Hard to explain but I know you all can visualize what I mean. And I never really got the appeal of the flying V electrics.

Anyone else just like the look of the standard classic acoustic?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Are you talking about a guitar with a cutaway?
  • Eh... my favorite guitar of all time, by looks alone, is the Gibson Explorer. In fact, I find all of the classic and iconic electric guitar shapes, as well as many modern ones, to be VERY pretty in their own way. I agree that acoustic guitars look best when they're symmetrical, without any distortions to the body shape or a cutaway. That said, I'm going to be purchasing some sort of cutaway acoustic-electric for gigging with, because access to those higher frets is key to some of the stuff I do live. So looks can often be trumped by practicality.

That said, you can use any guitar you want... there are thousands of body shapes out there, some very unique, some merely minor tweaks on a previous design. If one or two body shapes fit every player, then the rest of those would never sell.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.