ipod question

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just got a Ipod for my b-day, i have a dell laptop, and I downloaded all the software onto my computer. I uploaded some music onto the laptop and transfered it to my ipod. The ipod works great, its awesome. But, like an idiot I deleted the songs from my computer. That doesnt seem to matter, the ipod still plays the songs and I have the cd of the songs so its not like I will never hear the again. I was just wondering how I will delete these songs off my ipod if they arent on my computer. Does this make sense?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Just got a Ipod for my b-day, i have a dell laptop, and I downloaded all the software onto my computer. I uploaded some music onto the laptop and transfered it to my ipod. The ipod works great, its awesome. But, like an idiot I deleted the songs from my computer. That doesnt seem to matter, the ipod still plays the songs and I have the cd of the songs so its not like I will never hear the again. I was just wondering how I will delete these songs off my ipod if they arent on my computer. Does this make sense?

I'm not sure I understand your question right but I'll try: the iPod is a separate harddisk on which you can put (and from which you can remove) files, in this case music. The best way to do this is with iTunes, which you can use to delete files like this: plug in you iPod, iTunes will connect and you'll see the iPod appear in the left bar. Click on it and in the right part of the screen you'll see the songs that are on the Pod. Just right-click a song and choose 'delete' to remove it.

By the way, if the "synchronise" function is enabled it will copy your iTunes library to the iPod and delete the files that are not in the library from your iPod, so if you didn't disable it iTunes will empty your iPod the next time you connect.

Oh, and congratulations :)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Just reformate your iPod.
    1. plug in iPod into computer
    2. go to start menu and press the "update iPod" icon
    3. the computer will ask you if you wish to reformate your iPod. klick "yes"
    4 it will automaticly reformate and you won't have to pick tracks by hand