Guitar

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am going to buy a new guitar. I own a hand me down guitar that is crappy, and am looking to upgrade. I want to buy a new 400-500 dollar guitar. I am influenced by Hendrix, Neil Young, Dylan, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc... I want to buy an acoustic guitar. ANyone have any suggestions, and keeping with the price range I listed above? Whats a good maker of guitars?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JayJay Posts: 24
    2 of my friends have ibanez guitars and dey both say dat they are AMAZING!
    fender is also a reali good make! and den der is the gibson sg, now dat is one amazin guitar! beautiful and brill clear sound!
    i'll ride the wave.... where it takes me
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    play every thing in the price range and above and decide what you want from that. it should feel sound and look good to you.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • fender and ibanez both make really terrific acoustic guitars.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • well...i would suggest getting a hollowbody but if acoustic your float, then get into the boat of a Martin :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I agree, I you won't be disappointed with a Martin, I love mine.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • martins are also terrific. (clearly)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JayJay Posts: 24
    yeah martins are great acoustic guitars!! great strings on em to!!
    i'll ride the wave.... where it takes me