Electric Guitar

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
In terms of electric guitars, which one do you all prefer, a fender strat or a les paul gibson?

And in terms of amps, are they pretty cheap? Do I need to buy an expensive one or will a cheap one work fine?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    well I had a cheap les paul copy for ages and its like a part of me but when I got my fender strat... well it was comfortable to say the least after my big slab of les beef! I reckon I shoulda got a fat strat with humbucker at bridge though.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I think the amp should be at least as good as the guitar. I also prefer Les Pauls to Strats, though both have their applications.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I prefer neither. If I had to play a Fender or a Gibson, it would be a Telecaster or a 335.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I like the thicker sound of the Gibsons. I'd like to get a Les Paul and an SG in the future.

Right now I own a Fender Fat Strat (my first guitar). It was a wise decision on my part, since I don't find myself wishing I had another guitar too often :p (thanks to the extra humbucker of course) haha. I can switch the pick ups in order to suit each song's needs. I love the versatility of it :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I have a Strat and an SG and they both have their pros and cons, and I think they compliment each other very well.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I am an Ibanez guy all the way
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"