Buying guitars

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone here ever buy a guitar directly from the maker? Or from Amazon.com? Is it good and are the shipping costs high?

In my neck of the woods, Eugene, their are only a couple guitar shops, I am looking to buy a new 500-600 dollar acoustic guitar.
But none of the shops here have guitars prices that low, and most shops only sell guitars that are used. I would prefer a new guitar because the one I currently own is a beat up handmedown

Any advice?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i've only dealt with music123.com and had no issues. 3 or so purchases and one of those was a guitar. not an acoustic though.

they all have return policies in case you don't like the instrument.
  • In my neck of the woods, Eugene,

Eugene, Oregon ? ? ?

oh yea, baby.

i made a cross country trip, in caravan, to that town.

started in virginia, with 4 friends, a 3/4ton van, and a budget truck, went north to st paul, minnesota to visit a friend then across the northern border to jackson, montana for the rainbow gathering. then we had to "keep on trucking" down to eugene, which was where we had intended to relocate.

haha, it didn't go so well.
    but i did get to taste many of the finest nuggets i have ever, to this day, had the pleasure of puffing.

needless to say, i understand why your name is "che" ... isn't that like the anarchist & commie capital of america? yup.

oh, to answer your question music123 and musiciansfriend are perfectly legitimate websites that will hook you up on shipping and take your instrument back if it is in any way unsatisfactory to your liking.

you can also try the guitarcenter website. :)
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Eugene, Oregon ? ? ?

oh yea, baby.

i made a cross country trip, in caravan, to that town.

started in virginia, with 4 friends, a 3/4ton van, and a budget truck, went north to st paul, minnesota to visit a friend then across the northern border to jackson, montana for the rainbow gathering. then we had to "keep on trucking" down to eugene, which was where we had intended to relocate.

haha, it didn't go so well.
    but i did get to taste many of the finest nuggets i have ever, to this day, had the pleasure of puffing.

needless to say, i understand why your name is "che" ... isn't that like the anarchist & commie capital of america? yup.

oh, to answer your question music123 and musiciansfriend are perfectly legitimate websites that will hook you up on shipping and take your instrument back if it is in any way unsatisfactory to your liking.

you can also try the guitarcenter website. :)

GC owns MF, MF is the online GC, although they both have "exclusive" merchandise. Go figure, occasionally we got B-stock from MF but it was rare, my store was the red headed step child anyway.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.