Guitar

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have a acoustic, and want to buy an electric with amp. I dont know much about electric guitars. I listen to Black Sabbath or Fugazi, or Sonic Youth and here alot of feedback, this may sound stupid, but I am serious, so any help would be great.

If I was to buy a Fender electric with amp tomorrow, could I make a bunch of feedback sounds?

Is that all I need, or do they have special equiptment?

Also, Jimmy Page used to during Dazed or some other song, during the solo, would go up to the amp, touch some dial back and forth and Plant would scream, and the sound would move from one section of the stadium to the other.

How do I do all this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I don't know if a Fender is the way you should go. When I think Zep, Sabbath and Fugazi, I think humbucker tones.

As for the amp, you will need gain to achieve feedback.
  • cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    Yes a simple gain know and your position to the amp will be enough feedback to get you started. Turn your amp way up and stand facing it and move close and you should have enough feedback to fight with.

Beware the alternate tunings for sonic youth. Thurston's tunings are so weird i dare not even call them alternate tunings and his use of screwdrivers are not recomended on most guitars. If their van hadn't been robbed years ago there would have been much more sonic bliss.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.