Alice in Chains

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Whats a good Alice song for a beginning guitarist to learn?

An easy song....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jerry Cantrall was amazing in AIC, you might not be able to get a lot of his stuff done without differant tunings, whammy bar, and pedals.

some suggestions though: Rooster (pretty easy), Down In a hole, Man in the box (easy but you will not get the begining to sound right without a talk box.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Man in the box, Junkhead, Rooster, Nutshell are all not that hard. A lot of the harder stuff includes: I know something, Down in a Hole, Sunshine and Shame in You. That stuffs all doable with a little practice though.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    OHHHH YEH, THE GOOD OLE ALICE IN CHAINS !!

wooow, there are so many

what about "got me wrong"
  • I'd second Rooster and Nutshell... and add Heaven Beside You. It's got a simple riff followed by some barre chords. No Excuses is another fairly easy one.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I started with nutshell and over now..
    it's easy to confuse a great design with life's ripercussions

i'd rather die than give you control
  • mk333mk333 Posts: 17
    I would suggest putting the unplugged album on and play along. You may not pick up on all of the songs but it is a great album to jam to. I think it is all 1/2 step down though, so everything is flat.
    laziness is our downfall
  • Alot of Jerry's guitar is pretty easy i think...other than the solo's which are tricky.
    Brother is really easy,as is Nutshell.
    Angry chair is a piece of piss.
    Would is easy,very easy solo too.
    Rooster,Got Me Wrong...It Ain't Like That,Heaven Beside You,Frogs,Grind,Over Now(This is real tricky if you cant barre well.)Dirt is easy enuff.
    We Die Young isnt too bad.
    Sea of Sorrow...Bleed The Freak....actually most of alice aint all that tricky...them bones is real easy...solo is deadly hard but...
    If you look at Alice and Jerry's solo stuff...a lot of the stuff is the same...the shapes and stuff like.Get a tab book and look into it...unplugged is best...most of Alice is only half step down tuning,with some being in Drop D...Sludge Factory springs to mind...
    The only real effects Jerry uses are wah wah and a talk box on Man In The Box though...you wouldnt need an elaborate setup to play their stuff.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Angry Chair :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    i'd go nutshell, heaven beside you and would
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up