Guitar Center

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Already bought a guitar from them in the past, and am considering buying a second one.

My question is the local Guitar Center has advertised December as "big savings" month, and as its getting to be the end of December, am really considering visiting the store.

Anyways, I was wondering does Guitar Center have many big sales like this, where there are lots of savings and stuff? I may be taking off on vacation in a few months, so would they have another big savings month between now and April?

Any suggestions?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    It seems to me they have sales on every holiday weekend that comes along.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • alright cool, although I cant think of too many holidays between now and april
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    alright cool, although I cant think of too many holidays between now and april

New Year's Day? ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • yeah they have a lot of sales, and they tend to be flexible on prices too, so even if there isn't a sale you can get the price to come down
  • GC never has sales, they may say "$500 off!" but what they mean is $500 off list price, which is their regular price anyway. It's just a way to get stupid people hyped up.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • Already bought a guitar from them in the past, and am considering buying a second one.

My question is the local Guitar Center has advertised December as "big savings" month, and as its getting to be the end of December, am really considering visiting the store.

Anyways, I was wondering does Guitar Center have many big sales like this, where there are lots of savings and stuff? I may be taking off on vacation in a few months, so would they have another big savings month between now and April?

Any suggestions?

Just go in their, look at what they are selling it for (the real price), knock 20% off it, say can you do it for that, they might go for it, or they might come back, worst case have them swallow the tax on it. Don't be afraid to go elsewhere, or come back later. They will start bargining sooner or later.

Helps more if you have a different store in town that carrys the same stuff (work between the two stores).
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/