Ibanez Tube King 999US

mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone have any opinions on these pedals? Where would I stand trading my DOD Yngwie OD for one?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    not worth it.

If you're looking for tube driven pedals, there are much better options.

actually I think there are some non tube pedals that may be better options. It's decent, but IMHO not worth the trade unless you are just wanting to trade. You'll probably need to change the tubes.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks for the opinion. I've read a lot of reviews slamming the chinese tube that comes stock. I'm pretty sure the tube has already been changed, but I'm not sure to what. I'll check that tonight. With a proper tube what do you think?

I gave it a little demo last night and it sounded pretty good. The final decision will probably be tonight when I have more time to wail on it. The Yngwie is nice and has a nice bluesy vibe but I was hoping the TK would be a little more versatile.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mojorison_75
    Thanks for the opinion. I've read a lot of reviews slamming the chinese tube that comes stock. I'm pretty sure the tube has already been changed, but I'm not sure to what. I'll check that tonight. With a proper tube what do you think?

I gave it a little demo last night and it sounded pretty good. The final decision will probably be tonight when I have more time to wail on it. The Yngwie is nice and has a nice bluesy vibe but I was hoping the TK would be a little more versatile.

Well, the best tube pedals I've heard are the Chandler Tube Driver, the Electro Harmonix Hot Tubes, and the Halliburtion esque expensive Soldano Supercharger. Then there's the ever present, Budda line, as well as some other decent but also expensive stuff from Matchless Mesa Boogie and others.

I personally think you could do better trading for a Boss Blues Driver the Keeley version is even more versatile. I can only imagine you're looking for a warm od with a little bit more gain than average right?

You may also check out the Real Tube and Blue Tube, just for shits and giggles.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • That's a fair description of what I'm looking for. Something a little warmer and more tweakable than the yngwie. Thanks for the ideas, I'll definately keep them in mind. I havn't traded yet and I think I'll know more when I get home.
  • So then all ya need is a Mullard ECC83, and your qwest is over...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.