Building an amp

samicksamick Posts: 373
edited December 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone here have any suggestions.......on how to and such
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Not me... power capacitors scare me...

There are a lot of guys getting old military tube radios and re-building them for guitar amps. That might be a start. I'm sure there are books out there to show you how to build an amp, too. But if you don't know much about electronics and schematic diagrams, I'd leave it to the professionals... very dangerous...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    I thought i might be able to take a stereo amplifier from a car and do something with it..............i know brian may (?) i think that his name...dunno not big queen fan......di something similiar.......
  • ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    depends on what you want to do. The original Deacy was battery powered. Don't mess with tubes if you don't know what you are doing. To be quite honest its far safer to buy than build. If you'd like to build here are some kits available.

http://www.allenamps.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Holy fuck:
    http://www.allenamps.com/usedgear.html

FORGET EVERYTHING ELSE AND BUY THAT AMP! No, wait... I want that amp... oh, fuck...
    pretty kewl huh.

this is a good builder site too.

http://www.mojotone.com/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Damn you...

You know I have a speaker addiction, and then you go and post a link to a site with 4x10" cabinets loaded with Vox Bulldogs for fucking $300...

You are a cruel, heartless person, Paco...

Oh well... the cabinets are open-back. I hate open-backed cabinets.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Damn you...

You know I have a speaker addiction, and then you go and post a link to a site with 4x10" cabinets loaded with Vox Bulldogs for fucking $300...

You are a cruel, heartless person, Paco...

Oh well... the cabinets are open-back. I hate open-backed cabinets.

As if A piece of plywood and a few screws wouldn't fix that :)
  • Oh, shut up.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Oh, shut up.

you know you want it- says the drug dealer to the junkie

but you know kettle you're quite black.
  • If I bought one, I really would be no better than Yngwie...