Picks and Cables

samicksamick Posts: 373
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What kind of picks and cables do you guys use

Mine are:

Dunlop Tortex .73mm picks

Generic cables..........I need to break down and buy better ones.....I think its hurting my sound.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exact same as you for both...although i should invest in better cables
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Dunlop .73 Nylon (w/ the anti-slip grip... they rock :D)

And Tasker cables... no need to replace those until I replaced my wah which sucks tone a lot more than most cables will...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • I use Dunlop Tortex .73's, like many other people around here do.

For cables, I use a nice and thick "Planet Waves" from my guitar to my pedals, then various, medium quality patch cables in between pedals, and then a pretty heavy guage cable from there to my amp. For speaker cables, I use Monster.

At some point I'm going to upgrade the patch cables, but for now my tone isn't too bad.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • I use Dunlop Nylon picks, and I generally refuse to use anything but a nylon. I play mostly .73 and .88 thickness... depends on how I feel that night. Occasionally I'll use a 1.00, but I have those mostly for when I play bass with a pick.

Cables... eh, I use whatever I can find that looks alright. Sure, a nice Planet Waves or Mogami or Monster cable is nice, but cables break or get lost. My pedal board is wired with cheapo patch cables at the moment, but once I re-focus my money on guitar world, I'll recable that, at least. Since it's always plugged in, the cables ain't breaking OR getting lost. Generally, I try to use Hosa cables for my guitar-to-board and board-to-amp runs... best balance of price vs. quality, IMO.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Monster cables & usually yellow dunlop picks.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"