Budget Tube amp

samicksamick Posts: 373
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Is there such a thing.........

i'm just looking for something to hold me over until I save up enough money to get better one..........any advice?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Peavey Classic 20, Fender Pro Junior, or a silverface Fender Champ.

Also: Pignose G40
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • what price range is budget for you? i'd say just save up. how much would you be looking to spend eventually on an amp?
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Telesonic wrote:
    save up.

A word to the wise right there
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Sovtek Tube Miget, Mig 50,

Yamaha T50/T100

Silverface Fender Vibro Champs

Peavey Delta Blues 2x10
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Peavey classic 30! Cheap and back a punch. Sound great. The only reason why they aren't popular is because they aren't made by Fender or Marshal. But why would you want to use an amp that everyone uses? If your looking for just a head you can always find used classic 50s cheap, heck you can find old 50 watt fender bassmans cheap (these do not have reverb though). Bassman thru a 4x12 Marshal cabinet is a fantastic tone.

Carvin makes a cheap tube amp too, those bel-airs.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    parchy wrote:
    A word to the wise right there

I think I may just do that............

I've got an older Fender frontman 25R now that isn't too bad I'm just in the mood to try out a tube amp...........this one just sounds a little thin when i try jam along to pj.........

maybe i'll get a better speaker and throw it in there for the time being
  • While you're thinking about it... I have one of these, and they're great little amps. Would be significantly louder than your Frontman, but still be a nice little amp for around the house.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64397&item=3768812705&rd=1

I replaced the speaker in mine (had an old Rola, more suited to bass than guitar) with a Weber California that really opened up the sound, and then bought new tubes (pair of 6V6 power tubes and a 12AX7 preamp tube). Very simple, great tone.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.