Replacing Pickups

samicksamick Posts: 373
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've got a samick strat style body and i want to replace the pickups

will it be that difficult........or is it something i could do myself
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• If you can work a soldering iron, you should be okay.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I have a friend who bought a really cool set of replacement pickups for his strat. I think they were seymore duncan's but im not sure. They were the david gilmour set, they came premounted and calibrated in a pick guard, so all he had to do was unscrew the pickguard and jackplate and then drop in the new pickups.
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.
  • As far as it goes, having it done professionally isn't too bad, either. The local shop here charges $10 a pickup to install.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    If you can work a soldering iron, you should be okay.

That I can do..........
    As far as it goes, having it done professionally isn't too bad, either. The local shop here charges $10 a pickup to install.

I was looking at doing the neck position and middle I don't use the bridge one enough to worry about it now
  • samick wrote:
    I was looking at doing the neck position and middle I don't use the bridge one enough to worry about it now

Then perhaps you should consider getting a Seymour Duncan Lil' 59:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/products/stratsdescr.shtml#Little59forStrat
    Then perhaps you should consider getting a Seymour Duncan Lil' 59:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website/products/stratsdescr.shtml#Little59forStrat
    *drools*

I like those............now the only thing stopping me is time and money