Digitech effects

samicksamick Posts: 373
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
anyone have anything to say about these
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have a DigiVerb, and it sounds great. But it sucks batteries dry, so it's only worth it with a power supply.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    A digiverb is on my list. I kind of like the delay as well.

These are digital pedals unless you own Energizer or Duracell don't even try to run them with batteries but the same can be said for some boss pedals as well.

Nothing like Zvex's years and years on one battery.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Nothing like Zvex's years and years on one battery.

Any overdrive can last years on a single decent battery...

Has anyone played with or read about the new single-unit pedals from Line 6? The overdrive and distortion pedals are okay, but I'd rather have my TubeScreamers. However, the Tremolo, Chorus, and Echo pedals are phenomenal. If anyone out there likes Tremelo/Vibrato, look at the Line 6. Read and play sound samples at http://www.line6.com/tonecore/tapTremolo.html
    Any overdrive can last years on a single decent battery...

Has anyone played with or read about the new single-unit pedals from Line 6? The overdrive and distortion pedals are okay, but I'd rather have my TubeScreamers. However, the Tremolo, Chorus, and Echo pedals are phenomenal. If anyone out there likes Tremelo/Vibrato, look at the Line 6. Read and play sound samples at http://www.line6.com/tonecore/tapTremolo.html

Line 6 has never been good at modelling overdrives/distortions IMHO.

I hear the same about the tremolo, chorus, and echo pedals.

The echo is the dogs balls from what I understand.

I've still got the DL-4 though and I find them abhorently ugly.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    I hear the same about the tremolo, chorus, and echo pedals.

The echo is the dogs balls from what I understand.

I've still got the DL-4 though and I find them abhorently ugly.

"I'd play plugged into the ass-end of a pig if it sounded good."

Man, those were the days...

I prefer my DD-6 to their echo, and I've never liked chorus. But if I ever get a tremolo pedal for my Sovtek (I still have the Vibro Champ for the real deal), I'm getting a Line 6.
  • I have a digitech RP200 and i like it alot. It gets the job done but eventually i will get seperate effects.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    i had one of the dual distortion tht was pretty rugged and worked well, i also have a gsp rack effect taht had for years it died, smoked and smeeled awful but by some miracle is now back to life and working great also fairly ruggedly built
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • Not to be negative, but digitech/dod effects are sub par at best. they don't know how to make a phaser. i have yet to find a digital phaser worth it's salt. you can tell on the last tout that Mccready was usinbg some digital phasing, and I think it hurt his sound bigtime. I have a morely analog phaser from the 70's(huge silver thing with a rocker on it) and an old 70's small stone, and and an origional 9 series ibanez phaser. After I got my small stone my boss ph2 has been in the closet ever since. And anyone who thinks these kinds of pedals are too expensive, i'll jsut say that I paid less than 100 for each.(EBAY)
    As for distorions I had an RP10 and I loved the grunge distorion it had, but as for the overdrive It was weak. I also don't think that it helps that those multi effect units tend to kill the natural tone of your guitar. I personally use a combo of a clean loud tube amp, with a tubescreamer ds9dx with and old Ibanez sonic distorion sd9 for my distorion. The tubescreamer gets a great warm distortion, and the SD9 throws it over the edge. Also the sd9 on it's own with a tele gets that great dry tele sound from in hiding so well.
    So I have to say that in the long run a patient investment in pedals will give you a diversity in sound you can't get from a multi effects unit. just think with a multifx unit you are usually stuck with the configs they give you. with pedals you can run the fx in any order you want and then change it up with almost no work att all.
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.
  • samicksamick Posts: 373
    Not to be negative, but digitech/dod effects are sub par at best. they don't know how to make a phaser. i have yet to find a digital phaser worth it's salt. you can tell on the last tout that Mccready was usinbg some digital phasing, and I think it hurt his sound bigtime. I have a morely analog phaser from the 70's(huge silver thing with a rocker on it) and an old 70's small stone, and and an origional 9 series ibanez phaser. After I got my small stone my boss ph2 has been in the closet ever since. And anyone who thinks these kinds of pedals are too expensive, i'll jsut say that I paid less than 100 for each.(EBAY)
    As for distorions I had an RP10 and I loved the grunge distorion it had, but as for the overdrive It was weak. I also don't think that it helps that those multi effect units tend to kill the natural tone of your guitar. I personally use a combo of a clean loud tube amp, with a tubescreamer ds9dx with and old Ibanez sonic distorion sd9 for my distorion. The tubescreamer gets a great warm distortion, and the SD9 throws it over the edge. Also the sd9 on it's own with a tele gets that great dry tele sound from in hiding so well.
    So I have to say that in the long run a patient investment in pedals will give you a diversity in sound you can't get from a multi effects unit. just think with a multifx unit you are usually stuck with the configs they give you. with pedals you can run the fx in any order you want and then change it up with almost no work att all.

I would never touch a mutli-fx pedal i hate those fucking things

a friend had one and i used it a couple of times.......horrible
  • samick wrote:
    I would never touch a mutli-fx pedal i hate those fucking things

a friend had one and i used it a couple of times.......horrible

I Like You We Should Be Friends
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Digitech whammy pedals are fun. You can get some interesting sounds out of them, like on the "Like a Stone" solo. It's easy to go overboard & use it too much though. I prefer to set it so it doubles your note with either one octave up or one down. I personally don't care for multi-effects processors either.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
    Moog- the original analog multi effect.

check out the phaser
  • ive got a digitech digiverb and think its great. its good for over the top huge reverbs and the very subtle ones too. ive found the pedal really reliable and never had a problem with it. u really shouldnt use batteries with any digital delay or reverb though, just get a power supply.

as far as phasers go ive tried a few of the old vintage one (ibanez phase tone, eh small stone etc) but find them a bit too limited. the new boss ph3 is really good, you can get the vintage sounds and some modern wierd ones too.
  • dylandylan Posts: 4
    i wish i had a digitech whammy their probably favorite effect their real expensive though