Reverend Hellhound Question...

Milhouse VanHoutenMilhouse VanHouten Posts: 755
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Have the prices for Reverend Hellhound 40/60 combos gone up since the model was discontinued? I have very few decent guitar stores in my area and I there are none currently on eBay, so I was hoping someone here could give me current info. Thanks.
"Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Have the prices for Reverend Hellhound 40/60 combos gone up since the model was discontinued? I have very few decent guitar stores in my area and I there are none currently on eBay, so I was hoping someone here could give me current info. Thanks.

there are a few left on the reverend site as well as the schematics. Joe just couldn't build amps anymore and make it profitable. I don't think they've really gone up much at all. They are great amps but there's not that much demand for them to drive the price up.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    there are a few left on the reverend site as well as the schematics. Joe just couldn't build amps anymore and make it profitable. I don't think they've really gone up much at all. They are great amps but there's not that much demand for them to drive the price up.

Thanks, the most recent review of the amp on Harmony Central lists a price of $925, and I figured that it was horseshit. I hope the guy didn't really pay that much for the thing.

I love mine, I'm lucky enought to be in an area where I can open it up as much as I like and get the power tubes going.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Thanks, the most recent review of the amp on Harmony Central lists a price of $925, and I figured that it was horseshit. I hope the guy didn't really pay that much for the thing.

I love mine, I'm lucky enought to be in an area where I can open it up as much as I like and get the power tubes going.

Fantastic amps. Joe Naylor is a good designer. For the record, I don't know that there is better therapy that opening up a tube amp and going through a few chords....

925 seems awful high.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Fantastic amps. Joe Naylor is a good designer. For the record, I don't know that there is better therapy that opening up a tube amp and going through a few chords....

925 seems awful high.

I figured as much. I know I'd regret it, but I'd be sorely tempted to sell it if I knew I could get that much...

I like to send my DM-3's auxiliary out to my Studio .22+ and run them simultaneously. Lots of good tones there.