Hardest pj song to play

Your saviourYour saviour Posts: 45
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'm looking for a challenge! any suggestions for hard (not as in heavy necessarily) to play songs, by anyone actually, that'll improve my playing, help would be appreciated
For every tool they lend us...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Some good tunes to jam to for a challenge.

Pantera - Cemetery Gates (awesome technical solo but not too difficult)
    Zeppelin - Heartbreaker (Great riff, improv the middle solo, the unaccompanied one, in a live show to impress!!)
    Most PJ songs aint that hard but are really fun to jam with.
    Evenflow is the obvious choice but the live version of corduroy with outro solo is great fun with a band. Songs like Given to fly and betterman are good if your beginning to learn fingerpicking
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    learn Stevie Ray Vaughn's "Little Wing" ....not the hendrix version. Alot of the OLD Metallica stuff can be quite a challenge as well.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • All PJ songs are hard for me. I'm just learning basic notes and am having trouble with cords. I'm amazed at the some of the cord tabs, sequencing, etc. How long does it take before my left hand gets coordinated enough to play any cords?
    "This guy back here is giving me the ole one more....one more back to you buddy."

- Mr. Edward Vedder 7/11/03

• nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    That is going to depend on how much you practice...and how committed you are to learning all the main chords on the guitar
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Originally posted by WhiteMaleRat
    All PJ songs are hard for me. I'm just learning basic notes and am having trouble with cords. I'm amazed at the some of the cord tabs, sequencing, etc. How long does it take before my left hand gets coordinated enough to play any cords?

It varies for each person. Just keep at it bud and it'll come with time. Just keep practicing strumming basic chords till you're familiar with them all and then practice strumming for a few bars then changing chord. It's well worth the effort you put in. The more you play the quicker you'll get better
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band