Epiphone Les Paul Special II worth it?

Your saviourYour saviour Posts: 45
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been looking at getting an Epiphone les paul special, very cheap at 129 pounds, (probs around 200 bucks?) i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this model or even better has experienced playing one cuz i'm really tempted, any info?
For every tool they lend us...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This was my first guitar, I still own it actually. Considering the price, I think its descent for the dollar. Its not no high dollar qualitiy guitar. Heck I still record with it now and then. I can get some cool feedback out of it too.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    For a beginner guitar, it's pretty good, and leaves plenty of room for some basic modifications later (new pickups, new tuning machines, new pots). But if you want a good guitar, I'd go for a full-fledged Epiphone or Epi Elite. I assume the budget is a concern, though, so if you can't afford more, you won't be screwed with the LP Special II.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I've never played one, but I can say that I was fairly impressed with an LP 100 that I bought once. Nice little guitar for 305 dollars. If you have a little bit more room in your budget I'd suggest the lp 100. If you can't the special probably isn't a bad choice. Epiphone make a much better budget priced guitar than most people these days. My opinion, of course.
  • i've been trying to get on the damn board to thank you guys, if its a little belated i apologise! i'm going to save up a little more for an lp100, but thanks for the tip(s)
    For every tool they lend us...