anyone else own a marshall jackhammer pedal?

Your saviourYour saviour Posts: 45
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm using with my marshall valvestate and whatever i do it just sounds unclear and too noisy for its own good, i've currently got the bass down and the treble up and the contour at full whack with its frequency at 7 o'clock,

is this simply becuase its what this pedal is supposed to sound like or is there something i can do about it? I'm full of questions today, any help is appreciated thanks
For every tool they lend us...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    I own one, and while it's not the best thing around it's possible to get some decent sounds out of it - as long as you keep it on overdrive mode, bass as good as off, and countour and freq around 12 otherwise your sound will turn to mush. There's some interesting fuzz sounds to be had in the extremes, but for general OD/Dist use I'd keep it around the middle.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • Yes, keeping it on overdrive definitely helps. I have my contour all the way up and frequency at 12, with treble and bass nearly all up, and it sounds great.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.