PJ Songs that use MXR Phase 90

Your saviourYour saviour Posts: 45
edited January 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just got me one of these for half the price off ebay! I was thinking which songs mike (or stone but i doubt it) has used phase in and if anyone else has the phase 90 i'd love to hear what you think cuz it's in the post/mail

there's given to fly...my mind is blank!
For every tool they lend us...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i don't have one, yet...

it's pretty much the standard for phasers; nothing fancy, really simple and straightforward.

as far as PJ songs is concerned...given to fly is all i can think of off the top of my head. It's really not too prominent in PJ songs, but i'm sure mike and stone both use it to spice up solos every once in a while...and i'm pretty sure they use it during the RVM jam.
    Check out Benaroya...Mike uses phase (or is it flanger?) on a lot of his solos.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • i dont hear a flanger.

i always listen for that little *schwoooooooooooooo* a flanger makes to tell them apart.

i think mike uses the fender blender more than just on NAIS though. maybe turning it down a bit :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Present tense uses a phaser. I think Brain of j has one with a wah at the same time on the verses. Live he always used to use one, on several songs, especially yellow ledbetter. They seem to use the phaser a lot in the bacground for rythm parts, set to a real slow sweep. But from what i can hear, and what i've read, on the last tour it sounds like he's using a line6 emulator pedal. Which eally disappoints me. I personally have an old small stone and it seems to give me the kinds of tones i want for PJ songs.
    It's really great when your in a limo you can put your head to the window and look out at all the homeless people-E.V.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    On the All or None solo a Phase 90 is used in a great way.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."