Got a new guitar!

LostdogsinthegardenLostdogsinthegarden Posts: 844
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Traded in my American standard Strat as it was acting up on me, and I picked up a Schecter C-1 Classic. This guitar is amazing! I didn't know anything about it going to Guitar Center, but once the sales rep put it in my hand, I new it had to be mine. The action is perfect, I've never picked up a guitar that felt this good in my hands, not even a Gibson! I highly suggest you guys play with some Schecter guitars to see what they have to offer. One of my best purchases.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    Nice Buy man!!

What colour did u get??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Congratulations on your purchace!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thanks guys. I got the dark blue one, it just looks phenomenal. And the inlay of vines on the fretboard is also an excellent bonus.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, they are maybe the best value of the foreign made guitars too. They do a good job with them. Tom Anderson used to work for Schecter during the 80's. If you look closely you'll notice that the Schecter Super Rocks look very similar to Tom's own custom pickups because Mr. Anderson designed them.

I am more of a PT guy, but I do like the C-1's too, the radius of the fretboard is flatter than I like it, but they sound great and they are well built. They come off the shelf with tone pros bridges and grover tuning heads you don't get that kind of quality in guitars that cost twice or three times as much or more in some cases. Good Choice. Did yours come with seymour duncans?

Should be a JB at the bridge and a Jazz right? I think I played the black jack version of that last week, I'm thinking they are coil tapped too.

Congrats.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I really like schecters....I was going to get one as my first electric but I stuck with my strat....good job and enjoy!! :D
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, they are maybe the best value of the foreign made guitars too. They do a good job with them. Tom Anderson used to work for Schecter during the 80's. If you look closely you'll notice that the Schecter Super Rocks look very similar to Tom's own custom pickups because Mr. Anderson designed them.

I am more of a PT guy, but I do like the C-1's too, the radius of the fretboard is flatter than I like it, but they sound great and they are well built. They come off the shelf with tone pros bridges and grover tuning heads you don't get that kind of quality in guitars that cost twice or three times as much or more in some cases. Good Choice. Did yours come with seymour duncans?

Should be a JB at the bridge and a Jazz right? I think I played the black jack version of that last week, I'm thinking they are coil tapped too.

Congrats.

Yeah, got the Seymour Duncans and the Jazz, it comes very well equipped haha. I'm gonna go play it some more now, glad to see everyone here seems to be a Schecter fan!
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I have a Schecter bass. It's my best friend. I named it too.
  • One of the tackiest looking guitars I've ever seen (in my humble opinion), next to PRS's. But I do hope you love it and are enjoying it.
    Rather be forgotten than remembered for giving in.
    Dallas 07/05/1998