Truly Beautiful Disaster

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited August 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, well, it's so far a disaster, not truly beautiful yet!

But it's got potential! I picked one up tonight, and man, there's a lot going on with this thing!
An oscillating fuzz that has a lot of usable sounds, in between some obnoxious ones and it's going to take some work to find them all, but they're in there!
It also has a feedback loop that goes into whatever effects pedal or pedals you want, and feeds back through the loop,
Annnnd a little photocell that changes the feedback oscillations as you wave your foot over the cell to block the light.

It's GREAT with a delay pedal feeding through the feedback loop, then through an overdrive that feeds on itself, then run it through my Roland Space Echo.
Haha,,, just get it going and it plays itself while I go get a beer! :D

http://www.oohlalamanufacturing.com/tbd.html
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Haha it's a beast for sure! When it's used as a feedback loop everything is really nutso. All the pedals in the loop react differently when set to feedback. Wild experimentation ensues!

And mmm beer!
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Haha it's a beast for sure! When it's used as a feedback loop everything is really nutso. All the pedals in the loop react differently when set to feedback. Wild experimentation ensues!

And mmm beer!
    Remember how I have too many pedals? well...seeing these new ones really makes me want more
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Remember how I have too many pedals? well...seeing these new ones really makes me want more
    Oh jeez lousie. Just please don't be this guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GearTrap
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:
    Oh jeez lousie. Just please don't be this guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GearTrap
    hahaha, almost there
  • Pj_Gurl wrote:

And mmm beer!

Yes, this definitely is an experimentation pedal! My neighbors are all at work now, and the Truly Beautiful Disaster research laboratory is about to open up! :D

I'm working on a project with a gal who's a really cool singer in the Mazzy Star sort of style, and we're writing some off the wall music as a duet.
    I'm actually thinking of running her vocals through it to see what happens, too.

I work at a small microbrewery on a part time basis becoming a master brewer, and a couple of those big stainless steel fermentation tanks are empty until next week. We're thinking of putting some amps and mikes and lowering ourselves into the tanks to sing and play.
    Haha, you should hear the reverb in those things. :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

I'm working on a project with a gal who's a really cool singer in the Mazzy Star sort of style, and we're writing some off the wall music as a duet.
    I'm actually thinking of running her vocals through it to see what happens, too.

I work at a small microbrewery on a part time basis becoming a master brewer, and a couple of those big stainless steel fermentation tanks are empty until next week. We're thinking of putting some amps and mikes and lowering ourselves into the tanks to sing and play.
    Haha, you should hear the reverb in those things. :D
    I would LOVE to hear the end product if you can get a recording of it or something. That would be awesome