Ever see a Martin Guitar like this?

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited May 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7319685713&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Yup,,, I played someone's years ago and it was pretty damn nice, so I saw this yesterday, and now look what's coming in UPS!
A little Mother's Day present to myself! :eek:

Kind of dated looking, but these things are built great and are really versatile,,,, and heavy!

Anybody else have any oddball instruments that they like?
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, it's almost soft core BC Rich. :D

I have a soft spot for organs with leslie speakers, Danelectros, and resonators, as well as the guijo, an electric banjo made by Dodson Guitars. It's played by a guy named Matthew B Mayes from Jupiter Coyote, and it sounds awesome. Banjo + delay, verb, wah, OD etc it's cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I love resonators, too. It seems like the cheaper and crappier they are, the better, too! My favorite is the one I got in Timbuktu, Mali when youthinkyour'reold and I went last year.

A homemade ESSO gas can body with a neck and three strings attached to it. THAT was hard to explain at customs! :D
    Be kind, man

A homemade ESSO gas can body with a neck and three strings attached to it. THAT was hard to explain at customs! :D

I bet, sir, where are you taking this...."thing"! What do you use for a slide?

I don't understand paying 3 grand for a "vintage" national. They are supposed to be cheap.

I love wierd old archtops like Kay's and Silvertones too. cheap coolness.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Wow, That guitar looks strangely fimilar to one I have:

camp.jpg

Though I picked this up for like £60 and its made by the well known quality guitar makers westfield.

Though thanks, at least I discovered where they stole the style from! :)
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    Wow, That guitar looks strangely fimilar to one I have:

camp.jpg

Though I picked this up for like £60 and its made by the well known quality guitar makers westfield.

Though thanks, at least I discovered where they stole the style from! :)

Ha ha!! Nice guitar!

Actually, they probably didn't steal it from Martin. Martin stole it from Alembic and a couple of other companies! This was one of Martins tries to get into the electric market in 1979. Really well built, versatile guitars that sound great and are built for life,,,,,, and high quality components,,,,, and nobody wanted them.

Well,,,,except for a couple of suckers like me! :D

Nullifidian,,,, you're from Ireland,,,, by any chance in this small world, you didn't play a Gretsch acoustic over there with the Squirrel, did you? I brought one over to Austria last summer and gave it to her, and she has it in Ireland now! :D I saw your and Squirrel's name on the board where your picture is!
    Be kind, man
    My brother had a Martin electric a few years ago... one of those Ibanez-inspired semi-Strat looking metal guitars with locking trem and nut. I was never very impressed. This one looks much cooler.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    My brother had a Martin electric a few years ago... one of those Ibanez-inspired semi-Strat looking metal guitars with locking trem and nut. I was never very impressed. This one looks much cooler.

These are more Les Paul style, although maple body, so they're brighter. You can split the coils and change the phasing on them, too. Pretty advanced for them there olden days in 1980 when ah had to walk uphill 9 miles both ways to a gig! :D
    Be kind, man

Yup,,, I played someone's years ago and it was pretty damn nice, so I saw this yesterday, and now look what's coming in UPS!
    A little Mother's Day present to myself! :eek:

Kind of dated looking, but these things are built great and are really versatile,,,, and heavy!

Anybody else have any oddball instruments that they like?

Me Likey. I've seen pictures of the fabled martin electrics, but have never seen one in person. Congrats, a truly unique instrument.
    Cause I'll stop trying to make a difference. I'm not trying to make a difference. I'll stop trying to make a difference. No way!
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Nullifidian,,,, you're from Ireland,,,, by any chance in this small world, you didn't play a Gretsch acoustic over there with the Squirrel, did you? I brought one over to Austria last summer and gave it to her, and she has it in Ireland now! :D I saw your and Squirrel's name on the board where your picture is!

Ha, Unfortunatly she came up to me! I didn't get the pleasure of playing it, but I heard all about it and you ;) But only good things I assure you lol

I might be heading down soon, if i get my ass in gear, and I'll let you know how it compares to my Taylor 610 :P
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
    Ha, Unfortunatly she came up to me! I didn't get the pleasure of playing it, but I heard all about it and you ;) But only good things I assure you lol

I might be heading down soon, if i get my ass in gear, and I'll let you know how it compares to my Taylor 610 :P

It's really a small little world we live in, eh? :)
    I had a great trip over there last year. I may get over to Ireland and England and Belgium and who knows this summer, too!

I already know how the Gretsch compares to your Taylor 610!

Please speak kindly of me, anyway! :D
    It's a great guitar for her to knock around and go busking with!
    Be kind, man

I already know how the Gretsch compares to your Taylor 610!

Please speak kindly of me, anyway! :D
    It's a great guitar for her to knock around and go busking with!

heyy!!! i'd never throw ol' lisa around!!! :-D but unfortunately i'm not quite fit for busking...yet..:)
    and i ALWAYS speak kindly of you my wonderfullest bhubby ;)

NOTHING compares to my gretsch accoustic...no matter what you gearheads say! *lol*

and nullifidian..."unfortunately" i came up to you..WHAT is that supposed to mean!! that you couldn't see my guitar or what?? huh?? huh?? huh?? :D
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    wanna see something really scary?
  • SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    brain of c wrote:
    wanna see something really scary?

huh? scary scary??
    Squirrel wrote:
    heyy!!! i'd never throw ol' lisa around!!! :-D but unfortunately i'm not quite fit for busking...yet..:)

NOTHING compares to my gretsch accoustic...no matter what you gearheads say! *lol*

Oh MAN it's great to see your name, Squirrel! Great to talk to you today, too! :cool: It's been too long!

I think you ARE ready to busk! Remember when we were playing in the courtyard,,, when YOU were playing, that Guinea pig and the bunny ran TO you. When I was playing, they ran and hid!!! :D

That is a nice Gretsch! :cool: I don't think gearheads would knock that one. It's got some good miles on it, too! :cool:

BTW,,, the Martin Electric is a GREAT guitar. Em-18

And I want to see what the Brain of C has going! :D
    Be kind, man