Keith Richards’ tone-

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Gives me chills! :cool:

I saw the Stones last night at the Wachivia Center. An indoor arena is an amazing place to see the Stones. The sound was so good it was like they were playing in my living room. I've never heard sound as good as that!
Jagger voice was right there, and his presence is still amazing.
It’s a joy to see those guys having a great time and what a great crowd!

But I JUST F*n love when Keith pulls out that old 5 stringed Tele and opens up a song in his open G tuning,,,, be it Tumbling Dice or Rocks Off or whatever. What an amazing sense of subtle timing!
Rocks Off was amazing! So sloppy yet so tight. That tone just cuts right through,,,, and yells out:

"I’m Keith Richards and I’m the only one on this planet that can play guitar like this! Who's Pearljam's been trying for years and he can't do it!" :D

Pretty much all he played last night were his 2 main Teles and his ES-355.

Also,,, when Ronnie Wood pulls out a lap steel, or his crazy looking zillion pickuped sparkling guitar, and plays slide,,,, it's just SO righteous! :cool:

Ok,,,, that's all :D
Now I have to go back to reality and do some work!
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Gives me chills! :cool:

I saw the Stones last night at the Wachivia Center. An indoor arena is an amazing place to see the Stones. The sound was so good it was like they were playing in my living room. I've never heard sound as good as that!
    Jagger voice was right there, and his presence is still amazing.
    It’s a joy to see those guys having a great time and what a great crowd!

But I JUST F*n love when Keith pulls out that old 5 stringed Tele and opens up a song in his open G tuning,,,, be it Tumbling Dice or Rocks Off or whatever. What an amazing sense of subtle timing!
    Rocks Off was amazing! So sloppy yet so tight. That tone just cuts right through,,,, and yells out:

"I’m Keith Richards and I’m the only one on this planet that can play guitar like this! Who's Pearljam's been trying for years and he can't do it!" :D

Pretty much all he played last night were his 2 main Teles and his ES-355.

Also,,, when Ronnie Wood pulls out a lap steel, or his crazy looking zillion pickuped sparkling guitar, and plays slide,,,, it's just SO righteous! :cool:

Ok,,,, that's all :D
    Now I have to go back to reality and do some work!

Nice, I saw them Sept 10th in Chicago and I had the same thoughts. I think they sound better on this tour then they have in 20 years.

I thought it was Soldier Fields PA system, but I guess it is the bands :)
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • JofZ wrote:
    Nice, I saw them Sept 10th in Chicago and I had the same thoughts. I think they sound better on this tour then they have in 20 years.

I thought it was Soldier Fields PA system, but I guess it is the bands :)

They bring their own. Ever see all the trucks parked outside? :eek:

The highest pressure rock and roll gig in the world is the sound techs for the Stones! The guy running the sound board has GOT to be taking pepto bismol!
    My friends worked with the last tour,,, not this time,though,,.
    Youthinkyou'reold, Rob and I were backstage last time around,,, (Actually under the stage is where all the stuff is) It looked like the control room for the Enterprise! There were no monitors or amps on stage,,, the fills were just flush with the stage.
    On the show we were at last time,,, Mick blew out a Vox amp on the little center stage,,, and there was a new amp in place by the next verse! They have all extra amps warmed up, and ready to go.
    Keith's guitar rack last time looked like a museum! :cool:

Stones always use the best that's out there. They're like NASA is for high tech stuff that trickles down to us.
    A lot of innovations in live sound came from the Stones and Pink Floyd tours.
    I guess somehow, we financed it! :D
    Whenever I walk out of a Stones show,, I'm glad I went

annnnnnd now!!!

I'm walking out of my house to go see Jethro Tull tonight!!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart