Ha ha! I'm NOT going to pay a lot for this muffler!

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So:

All you people with your fancy high falootin' reinforced/ hot rodded/ modded expensive guitars ,,,,,, (Ok, including me,,, I've got plenty of them! :D )

I present to you the weirdest guitar in my collection, as of yesterday:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7402398713&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

$180 with shipping for ,,
this thing is the neck of an old Fender 12 string acoustic guitar attached to a no name purple sparkled electric body with a no name humbucker in the bridge, no name single coil in the neck,, an odd bridge, volume and tone knobs that look like cufflinks from a cheesy tuxedo

It friggin ROCKS! ll that luthiering I did over all those years, and this is the best sounding 12 string electric I've ever played! It was even in tune when it got here.

Whoda thunk?
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• SandruwaSandruwa Posts: 239
    So:

All you people with your fancy high falootin' reinforced/ hot rodded/ modded expensive guitars ,,,,,, (Ok, including me,,, I've got plenty of them! :D )

I present to you the weirdest guitar in my collection, as of yesterday:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7402398713&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

$180 with shipping for ,,
    this thing is the neck of an old Fender 12 string acoustic guitar attached to a no name purple sparkled electric body with a no name humbucker in the bridge, no name single coil in the neck,, an odd bridge, volume and tone knobs that look like cufflinks from a cheesy tuxedo

It friggin ROCKS! ll that luthiering I did over all those years, and this is the best sounding 12 string electric I've ever played! It was even in tune when it got here.

Whoda thunk?
    Wowza Bobsss ... Nice!! *hums "While my guitar gently weeps" ...*
    RIP Syd ... Shine on you crazy diamond ...
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    Well, that's something else. Kinda cool.
  • NullifidianNullifidian Posts: 110
    Looks like a sweet guitar!! Nice buy!

The body doesn't really look like a strat. Or is that just my eye sight failing?
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Well, it's definitely not a strat body,,,, more like a scarey 80's purple sparkle body!
    I yanked off the neck to check it over, and it was shimmed with pennies!

Youthinkyou'reold and I played together last night at an art gallery gig I have on the first Friday of every month, so I used it! You should hear a 12 string tuned to open D minor and slide with a delay and echo and a Shannon phaser and overdrive!
    Weird!

Art Gallery music!!! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart