Picture of my brand new acoustic axe!

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
DSC00469.jpg

I got it today! Now all I have to do is learn how to play a few notes before I play out! ;)

I bought it from David Bromberg, if you've ever heard of him. (Great guitar player and mandolin etc.) He's become one of the world violin experts and has a place right down the street from me and a shop where he repairs and sells violins and cellos and all. He's a great guy, and he talked me into it the other day, so I got it.

I figure after all these years it's time for me to get some cultcha! :cool:

I LOVE the sound of the cello (When other people play it) :D
I had a really crappy one that was falling apart, but this one's real.
Anybody else play cool instruments?
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Hey!!!!

That's pretty exciting!

I love the 'cello! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Ooh pretty. Cello's are really nice instruments, my cousin used to be pretty damn good. It'd be nice to say i played an unusual instrument, but for me its just guitar and piano. Thinking of getting an ocarina though, they sound nice.
    (
    =) wah wah waaaah!!! ..........viking banjo hits of the 70's!
    (
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    Groovy cello, Bob!

And I love your fireplace. :D

I don't play anything far out.
    12 years of piano, some woodwinds.
    Nothing now because of time and thin walls. It's not that I'm worried about making too much noise; God knows the neighbors have no qualms about it. It's just that I haven't played in years and I couldn't stand the embarrassment. :o

But I would love to play the accordeon. :)

By the way, I remember hearing about David Bromberg, but I never heard his music per se. Weird.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    until now i had to do my cello parts with synth software. now i can call you!!! :D
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    Nice cello...

I like the grateful dead sticker on the mirror better though...lol...Rock On, or should i say jam on....?
  • nick1977nick1977 Posts: 327
    Awesome cello! That's great Bob!!!!

A good friend of mine plays cello. She is supposed to play the bass line for me on the song I'm working on....actually I'm done with it except for her part. :)

I love the sound of stringed instruments. I love upright basses, cellos and violins. Such a soothing sound.

Hmmmm.....no cool instruments that I play....just guitar.....although I'm working on banjo...does that count? I also want to learn mandolin!

I'd also like one of these:

http://ebass.nl/basses/aria.jpg
  • I have a vague wish to take cello lessons within the next 3 or 4 years... they're just amazing instruments, lovely tone, and can be used for melody, harmony, accompaniment, or droning bass notes. I love it all...

Good work, Bob! Lemme know how it treats you.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhausted wrote:
    until now i had to do my cello parts with synth software. now i can call you!!! :D

Hey man,,,, I'm always ready for a road trip. I'll strap it on top of the car and head west! :cool:

I love the cello! It's the closest instrument to the human voice. Pablo Casals' Bach Cello Suites is an amazing piece.

So far I can make fart noises, and of course, the acoustic version of Jimmy Page on How Many More Times and a pretty good rendition of Iron Man! :D

Actually, I have the scales down and I can play a little, but I forgot that it's the Bass Clef scale!
    Now I gotta remember; "All Cows Eat Grass" when I'm reading music!
    Be kind, man

All you need is a few more people with various classical instruments! Then you could do classical renditions of Pearl Jam songs!

How much would Even Flow rock in classical! hehe
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • Haha classy, good luck with lessons
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Nice cello :P

All you need is a few more people with various classical instruments! Then you could do classical renditions of Pearl Jam songs!

How much would Even Flow rock in classical! hehe

The Who's_pearljam? Sympathy Orchestra.

Or is that Symphony?

Naaah,,, Sympathy! :D

MIG,,, you ought to try it. The earlier the better to start playing these things. Some people have a harder time learning and remembering stuff when they get older.

Not ME , of course! ;)

I'm ready to mod it, now. Figure out how to get a shoulder strap and a couple of Humbuckers in there. It might feed back JUST a tad when I play it through my Mesa Boogie! :D

Justam and Blanche on piano, One way needle on Ocarina, Nick on that bass thing, 65 other guitar players :D ,,,
    We might have something here.

There's always a Dead sticker where I go, WES! :D,,
    Be kind, man

- brain of c
  • play it from the heart, and make the dog cry

Well, not only the dog,

The neighbors are crying, too!
    It's just that beautiful. :rolleyes:

Ha!

Ok,,,,,,, maybe I have to work on my technique for a bit! :D

Well, at least they won't complain if I crank on my guitar now! I can play the hell out of that thing!
    Be kind, man

- brain of c
  • rock on Bob!

add some class to those 4-tracks.. and im' just assuming you do four track recordings at home ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • rock on Bob!

add some class to those 4-tracks.. and im' just assuming you do four track recordings at home ;)

Ha ha! I haven't recorded anything for a while. I was always a live stage guitarist rather than a studio guy. I never know what to play when they stick a recorder in front of me!

I think it'll be a while before I start recording me playing the cello, though! Not unless I make a loop tape that'll scare the burglars away! :D
    Be kind, man