Sorry I let down the Musicians and Gearheads

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yesterday, the people I was doing a home inspection for, ended up with two extra tickets to a show last night.

My clients, my friend and I ended up in the 3rd row center at The Tower Theater near Philly to Radiohead!!!

One of the most amazing shows I've ever seen in nearly 40 years of seeing an average of one concert per week! From Cream to Hendrix, Doors,,, everyone.
The place holds nly 3000 people and is superb for a show. It was like a gift from Radiohead.

So here's where I let everybody down,,,, There we were, 3rd row, I've played guitar nearly all my life,,, we were all SO enthralled by the music that:

I FORGOT TO EVEN LOOK AT JONNY GREENWOOD'S PEDAL BOARD!! :(

He was totally on fire last night, and I think in the long scheme of things, he coulda had a Strat and a clean cheapo transistor amp and STILL have completely blown the audience away!
So I guess I don't feel TOO bad! :D
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• Shame on you! Ha, ha, that doesn't let me down, I know almost nothing about pedals, although I am insanely jealous right now - I would have done anything to be there...ANYTHING...
    walk the bridges before you burn them down...
  • Radiohead is making me anxious..

cuz i know i'm gonna have to wait a year or MORE to see them..

groujvfklrangkjsgafng

Johnny is one of the only guitar players that can make me go... "wait.. what the fuck how'd he do that?"
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    You'll get your chances eventually. This was one of those total surprises.
    By the time you get to see them, no worries, they're only getting better!

I can pretty much figure out what he's using I guess,

It's kicking it out live so confidently that's amazing to me. Their timing and intensity was astounding the other night, along with such a small venue and an amazing audience.
    The version of Nude was so minimal and captivating, I looked behind me and everyone in the place was totally quiet and perched so far forward on their seats, like they were trying to get closer to each note. I wish I had a picture of that scene. :cool:
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Did The Black Keys open for them?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Did The Black Keys open for them?
    i dunno.. i know they will be opening for them at some point though... if not already.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    One of Radiohead's techs keeps a blog, talking about various tour related stuff, and just posted a pic of said pedal board.

http://www.stringsreunited.com/planksblog.shtml