How to properly furnish a Victorian dining room!

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I had the inspiration last week. I thought I wasn't going to be playing in any bands for a while, but now suddenly I have a trio and we're writing some stuff. It's cool to have a good bass player and drummer who both live right down the street.
I don't have a studio anymore because "Youthinkyou'reold" and I sold it, and I live in the city now,,,and my old Victorian house is connected to a neighbor, and I'm 10 feet from the house next door.

Actually my neighbors like it so far, but it DOES tend to get a little loud!!

My Victorian dining room conversion.
There won't be any Thanksgiving dinner in this room this year!

Last week:
DSC02026.jpg

DSC02027.jpg

Ok,,, who needs a formal dining room anyway!
This week:

DSC02037.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

This is what the neighbors are going to look like when we're playing
DSC02043.jpg

But it DEFINITELY won't be as loud in the neighborhood as this was!:

DSC01405.jpg

DSC01407.jpg
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Nice pictures...you can always eat in the kitchen instead!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Nice pictures...you can always eat in the kitchen instead!! :)

There is that!,,,,, uhhh,,,, where do I eat?

Throw a placemats on the drums, I guess! They make great drink coasters, too! :D
    Be kind, man

i know the suckiness of sharing walls. been doing it for 8 years.

but...

we sold our townhouse last night and will be buying our own four walls sometime next week as soon as ours goes final. don't know where or what but i'll finally have proper music room and be able to turn my amps up. finally.

and maybe finally i can find some friends to come make noise with me.
  • exhausted wrote:
    wicked. i love the house.

but...

we sold our townhouse last night and will be buying our own four walls sometime next week as soon as ours goes final. don't know where or what but i'll finally have proper music room and be able to turn my amps up. finally.

My house is awesome. Three story Victorian. I went from 2 acres and amps on 11 to here, but I love it. The neighborhood is funky enough and has a lot of artsy people. Also a bit of an edgy drug neighborhood surrounding here, so nobody's going to call the cops anyway!

Congratulations on selling your house! Not easy to do in this market lately!
    You'll be back to playing in no time! :cool:
    Snag a spot in your new house before it gets filled up with boxes of unused kids clothes,,,, although they'll help absorb the sound of a Deluxe on 7.5! :)
    Be kind, man

And hey, I'd be happy to have you as my neighbour. You could teach me how to play, for one.
  • pearlwax wrote:
    Hey Bob, if you get round to it, send me a picture of the front of the house. I'm a sucker for Victorian houses.

And hey, I'd be happy to have you as my neighbour. You could teach me how to play, for one.

I'll see if I can post one. I might have to TAKE one! I can describe in the meantime. It's brick for two stories and a mansard slate roof for the third floor.

The brick needs quite a bit of mortar.

It's got a "National Register of Historic Places" on the front.

Which means that I have to keep it the same, and that remortaring the brick has to be done historically and is a time consuming pain that I can do but don't have time for and is expensive! :o

Which means:
    Haha!! Move in next door and I'll trade guitar lessons for mortar work!
    I'll even buy the Leffes! :D
    Be kind, man

If only!!

But trust me, you don't want my two left hands on your Historical House. I'm actually in the process of cleaning up the walls in my little shack. Let's just say I have other talents - I hope.

Thinking of taking guitar lessons though in the near future.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Badass! Selmer cabinet with a Marwatt!

lovely Bob.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    wicked. i love the house.

but...

Party at Gregs....

Man I wish I had a house right now. I had a great time playing in the brother in laws car port drums, guitars, amps up to 12 (cars on blocks in the yard) good times. 3 hour solos for Born on the Bayou.... good stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BlancheBlanche Posts: 247
    The Bob Rules!
    The Bob House Rules!
    :D
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Party at Gregs....

Man I wish I had a house right now. I had a great time playing in the brother in laws car port drums, guitars, amps up to 12 (cars on blocks in the yard) good times. 3 hour solos for Born on the Bayou.... good stuff.

if we get the house we saw today, definite party at my house.
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Damn! That Marshall is old school :). Is that a JMP Super lead combo?
  • CollinCollin Posts: 4,931
    That's so cool!!!

Thank god your neighbours are pretty cool about it...
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Justam! Bring that Grand Piano by and we can jam!!!! :)

Blanche!!! We'll see if the Bob house rules tonight!
    We'll see how cool the neighbors are tonight, because we're writing some new stuff. Playing well is one thing, but working new stuff out can be a challenge to any ears!

Enharmonic,,, that's an old Marshall JMP Artiste from the late 70's or so.(I shouldn't say "old" because I bought it new! ) It was sort of a wimpy model,, but what you did then was buy one and get this Marshall wiz to redo it to the old Bluesbreaker standards. It has a preamp master volume channel, too.
    The clean is all Bluesbreaker and the preamp sounds pretty good, too. It is supreme with that Les Paul.

The other great sounding Bluesbreaker amp is the old head for that Selmer still on my third floor. That's what the first Marshall amp was patterned after!
    Be kind, man