My new guitar teacher!

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing for years, but not pro for quite a while, now as I get older I'm starting to suck even more than I did before, so I figured I'd bump it up a notch and try to improve into this genre.
Well, I got accepted into two Jazz Guitar programs at the University of the Arts in Philly. One with Pat Martino, who, if you've ever heard him , is amazing.
I can't make that one, though because it starts in January, and I'll be in India from Christmas day until the end of January.

But Jimmy Bruno has one starting later. Haha,, this guy is one of my favorites. Both of these guys are treasures in Philadelphia and really nice guys.
He's been around for years, played everywhere and with everyone, it seems. Now he stays local for the most part and teaches and travels occasionally. He actually has a new internet classes, too, if anyone is interested. You gotta be able to read, though.

Check this out. Haha,, in only a few short weeks,,, you, too can play like this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iQChYrqUQzE

http://jimmybruno.com

I know him a bit,, and I sat down with him once and played at a class.

hahahahahhahahahaha,,,,

I smoked him!!!

Ok, well , then I woke up! :D
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    wow Bob, that's really cool!!
    (you don't suck at guitar, at least to my untrained ear) :p:D
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Buru wrote:
    wow Bob, that's really cool!!
    (you don't suck at guitar, at least to my untrained ear) :p:D

Ha ha!! Thank you! Thank you for that heartfelt compliment! :D

That was such a great afternoon, sitting with you on the roof, plinking out some tunes! :cool:
    Be kind, man

Your new teacher will probably like having you for a student. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    Here's a compliment:

Your new teacher will probably like having you for a student. :)

:)

Thank you justam. That's so kind of you.

Well, I'm not a professional musician anymore, so my check will clear, anyway! I'm sure he'll like that! :D
    He only has a class occasionally, so I'm happy. He's one of the greats in the world, so I'm pretty lucky to get in. I think there are only 5 or 6 in the class.
    One great thing about Jimmy Bruno is that he loves to play so much, that you can see him in Philly in these tiny clubs all the time. Philly's best kept secret!
    Be kind, man

Thank you justam. That's so kind of you.

Well, I'm not a professional musician anymore, so my check will clear, anyway! I'm sure he'll like that! :D
    He only has a class occasionally, so I'm happy. He's one of the greats in the world, so I'm pretty lucky to get in. I think there are only 5 or 6 in the class.
    One great thing about Jimmy Bruno is that he loves to play so much, that you can see him in Philly in these tiny clubs all the time. Philly's best kept secret!

I hope you know I was being a smartass. :D
    Of course you can play!! And yup, it was great. :)
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Shit, Pat Martino?

I'm jealous. :)
  • Shit, Pat Martino?

I'm jealous. :)

That dude can PLAY! He's a really nice guy, too.
    Here's a bit of Pat Martino trivia if you'd like. He had a brain aneurism a while back and forgot all about the guitar and had to relearn everything! The guy who helped him get it back was Joe Pesci, from the movie My Cousin Vinnie. Joe Pesci is an amazing guitarist, too! He shows up every once in a while around Philly and plays in clubs.

I won't be able to make Pat Martino's course, though, but Jimmy Bruno will do! Either one of them will show me how fumbly fingered I am! :D
    Be kind, man