Interesting Epiphone Studio Dot Es-355

who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Epiphone-DOT-Studio-ES-335-guitar-as-is_W0QQitemZ150095085399QQihZ005QQcategoryZ38085QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150095085399

I know a few of you have or have had one of these. Like them enough? I've played with them, but not enough to make a big judgement on them.
I can fix the neck on that one to stronger than new, and I may go for it as long as the price doesn't get driven up too much, then give it to a 12 year ol kid in the neighborhood who may turn out to be great guitarist.

I only have 4 hours to decide!
Be kind, man
Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Of the Epi's I've played bob, those studios were actually some of my favorites in tone and feel with 11's, they weren't more than about 200 new though I think. They sound cool with 11's.

Cheap wood, but cool guitars. Especially if you cleaned up the electronics.

I've found it harder to find a good one of the regular dots that isn't damaged or non functioning in some manner.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Of the Epi's I've played bob, those studios were actually some of my favorites in tone and feel with 11's, they weren't more than about 200 new though I think. They sound cool with 11's.

Cheap wood, but cool guitars. Especially if you cleaned up the electronics.

I guess and glue the headstock back on! :D

I've been working with kids in my neighborhood that have like, nothing. We're starting a music and art program for inner city kids.
    This one dude plays with a lot of expression and a BB King style guitar would suit him. He's that good that he could make a hollowbody sing. I feel like I want to help him. He's only 12 and wowed a crowd the other night.

I guess I'll watch the price on that one and if it stays low, I'll get it repair it.

Thanks Paco! :D

I don't have time to do too much research, but if they were 200 or so new, then I guess a hundred bucks or so for this won't be too bad. This one is new, and busted in shipment.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1